Search the forum,

Discuss service by Worcester Bosch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to look at a job for some plumbing bits and they mentioned their boiler, said it was just serviced by Worcester Bosch. 42cdi on 22mm pipework.

The engineer mentioned they should change it but signed it off..

Really?????

combi or heat only but cant see why 22mm would effect it that much as it can carry around 40kw

combi or heat only but cant see why 22mm would effect it that much as it can carry around 40kw
Min calc says is 28mm. Surely the engineer would have seen it's not getting what it quotes in the manual. Custard said engineer told him it was operating at 30kW. Just annoys me sometimes that manuals and regs say one thing but then you can just shrug your shoulders and just sign it off when you know it's wrong. Combi by the way.

Min calc says is 28mm. Surely the engineer would have seen it's not getting what it quotes in the manual. Custard said engineer told him it was operating at 30kW. Just annoys me sometimes that manuals and regs say one thing but then you can just shrug your shoulders and just sign it off when you know it's wrong. Combi by the way.

i see you mean gas ? sorry thought you meant water size (copper heat load)

Yeah it will more than likely need 28mm depending on length of run and what other gas appliances are connected to the supply.

Yeah it will more than likely need 28mm depending on length of run and what other gas appliances are connected to the supply.
About 9m, 4 90s and only the boiler.. 28 will be fine if my calcs are correct

If only the boiler then realistically whats the risk? Yes a low working pressure, but if gas rate and combustion analysis ok and no other appliances especially with no FSD's on then I wouldn't condemn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to service by Worcester Bosch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock