Search the forum,

Discuss self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave nice

hi all -im a gas fitter with 15 years experience and nvq 3 and all ACS -i have always worked PAYE and am looking to go self employed but i am not totally sure of what i require.
i know i need corgi reg at a cost of around £375 and i know i need 'public liability insurance' at a cost of around £150.

could anyone advise me if there is anything else i need to consider...?

any help appreciated..

hi mate i'm a self employed plumber currently doing my acs at college and i'm doing ok just being a plumber..its def worth going on your own i have and never looked back

i am much happier now..try it.if its not your thing you could always go back and work for a company....you have nothing to lose in trying m8

You have 3 months to declaire yourself as self employed ! Get a financial advisor / tax advisor my dad is one... it is much better than just getting an accountant who charges 800 quid and no proper advice. If you have an office ( telephone and pen paper) in your house this constitutes you to lower energy bills . Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament and how have you overcome it. I’m a wife of a heating engineer - who has recently started out full time (2 years ago self employed 15 years...
Replies
Views
Hi If you've been working self-employed, general domestic plumbing and gas work, but want to apply for vacancies with a bigger firm, how do you prove your experience, what do they ask for as evidence? Most ask for 3 years experience for example but they tend to all use agencies to advertise...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock