1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Selectos D42/A Burner - damaged? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. A Citron

A Citron New Member

Hello. I've a Selectos D42/A burner in an Trianco boiler. I've been told that the 'nose' of the burner (fire tube?) is damaged and that I need a new part (unavailable) or a new burner. I've looked on the internet for a photo of a 'good' one without success but I did find a couple of diagrams in parts or set-up diagrams. I cannot see any obvious damage on the burner, visually or by comparison with the diagrams. Could anyone who's familiar with these have a look at these pictures and tell me whether it looks right or not? Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. lame plumber

lame plumber Plumber GSR

i would call an oftec techie in to look at it myself and follow their advice

• Like Like x 1
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I can't see anything obvious wrong with it in your photos, but perhaps it is faulty internally that your photos won't show.
    I have a couple of those burners, both 'brand new' unused, although one has parts removed. I wouldn't recommend you bother holding on to that burner. It is a hardy old burner, but crude and a relic. Probably a lot of service people won't know much about them.
    If possible, get your oil engineer to replace the burner with a suitable new burner as it should be more cost effective and more efficient than that burner. Or get a new condensing oil boiler with over 90% efficiency

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016