Search the forum,

Discuss Selectos D42/A Burner - damaged? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A Citron

Hello. I've a Selectos D42/A burner in an Trianco boiler. I've been told that the 'nose' of the burner (fire tube?) is damaged and that I need a new part (unavailable) or a new burner. I've looked on the internet for a photo of a 'good' one without success but I did find a couple of diagrams in parts or set-up diagrams. I cannot see any obvious damage on the burner, visually or by comparison with the diagrams. Could anyone who's familiar with these have a look at these pictures and tell me whether it looks right or not? Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2541c.jpg
    IMG_2541c.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
i would call an oftec techie in to look at it myself and follow their advice

I can't see anything obvious wrong with it in your photos, but perhaps it is faulty internally that your photos won't show.
I have a couple of those burners, both 'brand new' unused, although one has parts removed. I wouldn't recommend you bother holding on to that burner. It is a hardy old burner, but crude and a relic. Probably a lot of service people won't know much about them.
If possible, get your oil engineer to replace the burner with a suitable new burner as it should be more cost effective and more efficient than that burner. Or get a new condensing oil boiler with over 90% efficiency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Selectos D42/A Burner - damaged? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock