Search the forum,

Discuss secondary return for small 15L heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , planning a job which is comming up shortly , basically need to supply hot water for 3 basins , 2 of which are far enough away that i would say need a secondary return , i have picked out a 15L unvented water heater by hyco {sf15K} , which would do the job nicely but ideally need a secondary return , spoke to them about and they said "we cant see any problems with doing it but if you do we take no responsibitlity for it", ..anyone have any thoughts on this ? , in theory it should be fine teeing into the cold feed to create the loop.... thanks ..

Be cheaper to fit 2 heaters, but can't say I've ever fitted a src to an undersink water heater

ive fitted loads of them heaters and by the time youve fitted a secondary pump and run all the extra piping / valves etc it must be cheaper to fit more boilers?

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

Not ideal , but should work ok.
Make sure the hot and return are well insulated.

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

so they dont have drainage for the basins ?

and you dont have to use drip drip taps

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

Are you G3 registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to secondary return for small 15L heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
J
Need advice on secondary return issue. When secondary return pump is running no hot water flows from hot taps.when pump off the taps work. Anyone come across this before?? Appreciate any reply
Replies
Views
JohnyC
J
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock