Search the forum,

Discuss Sealed system powerflushed and balanced. Not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm going to look at a job tonight, Customer called yesterday and said she has had it powerflushed and rebalanced but the heating does not work. She said sometimes one or two rads will warm up sometimes nothing.

She said she has added a couple of rads to the system.

Apparently someone has told her she needs a second pump on the system. I asked her if any pump had been changed during powerflush or balancing she said no.

I'm thinking possible dodgy pump, she lives on a newish build estate so I'd be surprised if the system is sludged up already. But then I'm sure a lot of this estate is microbore.

I can't assume the power flush and balancing was done correctly so I can check this. Other than pump what would you be checking for? I'll check diverter also.
Thanks

I would check pump first, unlikely all the rads are blocked up solid

Apologies for the delay.

Turns out the customers son and husband are plumbers. They had powerflushed it themselves. A lot of microbore.

Apparently they had a company come in and balance the system. I didn't believe them.

Its a town house. Some rads on the top floor work, some don't. S plan. Did seem as though it was a balancing issue (that's where I would have started.

Didn't fancy the job, politely declined.

Just got the feeling they wanted me to tell them what was wrong and would have moaned at the price. Wasn't worth the hassle but thank you for the replies.

Reply to Sealed system powerflushed and balanced. Not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at the bottom. What would be the best steps to clean the system? I have spoken to several engineers. One only recommends a magnacleanse due to being a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock