Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss seal shower tray, possibly 3 layers all together or separate? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Can’t blame you. I do waffle on a bit sometimes. :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. ColdEagle

ColdEagle New Member

@Best@Best @SimonG@SimonG @ShaunCorbs@ShaunCorbs
    Thank you very much Gents, I managed to remove the trim, it wasn't easy. Pulled out more silicone, and packaging film which was left on even sealed ontop of this. There was also think plastic film on one side too.
    Sadly some of this thin film (that "peely" stuff) I can't seem to shift it as it's dropping into the curve down the sides blocked by the tile edge. I know silicone needs clean surfaces to stick to but I can't shift this, can I just silicone anyways?
    Also I won't be able to fully clean those under sections or the exposed wall - can I just do my best?
    Normally I'd ciff with green scourer, washing up liquid, white eraser cleaning block, then meths, but this won't work given the tile over hang and sloping sides of tray. Again just do my best?
    I admit this might be overkill, and wondered if you kind people could advise.

I plan to fill the gap (side of tray bit to the wall under the tile edge) with silicone as I already have some although that tec7 stuff looks interesting.

Thanks again

E: oh and best, I can waffle!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

You can’t do the impossible with an already and badly installed shower.
    Just clean it as best you can. Some spray cleaners are available to prepare the surfaces, or use isopropyl.
    Don’t worry about the parts you can’t clean, as long as you can clean the last outer parts of tray.
    The Tec 7 and similar Polymer sealants are special but not a good finish product for bathrooms because they discolour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ColdEagle

ColdEagle New Member

Brilliant, thank you very much, just needed that reassurance.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

agree with best take as much as you can off practically

• Like Like x 2