Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Scummy F+E tank in a tiny kind of loft space. in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ted808

Ted808 Plumber GSR

I've seen brown scum in Fe tanks but not this white scum. I would replace tank after PF but what would you guys do? I've had so much trouble with old systems.. Air , noise, pumps failing, scuz playing havoc after drain down...
    What's the protocol for whipping Fe out and converting to sealed system?

2. Ted808

Ted808 Plumber GSR

Pics IMG_20180309_173634216[1].jpg here

IMG_20180309_160226224[1].jpg

3. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Whipping out would mean you need to make good on new means of feed and expansion,
    Feed , you need to set up a filling point with gauge etc and Expansion , you need to fit an expansion vessel in proper place with proper safety valves so everything is up to regs,
    Depends on system layout and size to what vessel u need and position so that it's on negative side

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

just need to tee into the main return to boiler so if you can get at that easier enough then its easy so long you think the system can take the pressure / being converted etc

• Informative Informative x 1