Search the forum,

Discuss Scum around bath and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a soft water area, the kettle for instance is as new after many years, no scale.
However the wash hand basin and bath always have a scum left around them after draining like you expect in a hard water area. All types of soap, same result.
I have a combi boiler, an Ideal, previous boiler was a Worcester.
It has been suggested that it is because of the way the water to water exchanger works in a combi which somehow changes the way the water reacts with the soap.

Bit of a strange one but has anyone have any knowledge of this please?

New one on me bud , just cut back on how much soap and shampoo you use hand washing a pea size amount of liquid soap , shampoo , shower gel a teaspoon amount , shaving not alot you can do except grow a beard :eek:sama:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scum around bath and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock