Search the forum,

Discuss Scrappage / government grants for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has an old Thorn Olympic 20/35F where the gasket on the flue has failed. Shut off by her BG service engineer after combustion analysis.
She wants a new boiler anyway due to its age and has had a couple of quotes. She was told that she could get a grant for some of the cost. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the info to see if she would qualify. She's in her 60's so don't think the age thing helps in any way.
Lastly the system is microbore with twin entry valves. Any special considerations for the power flush.
I'm GS but probably too busy to do it for her. Just said I'd get info for her.
Thanks

dont think there is any schemes available at the moment?

classic b.g quote 'scrappage' only akin to themselves to warrent the high replacement cost, (£400 i think which is immaginary)!

just get the gasket changed!!

Twin valves would probably need repiping.
No grants that I know of.
Where abouts is she based perhaps one of the guys on here could help out/quote.

The government have a scheme in place to meet energy effiency. They go by Eco scheme or green deal. It's based on means tested benefits etc....

I know a few fellas doing it up here.

400 pound in London from government

400 from British Gas anywhere but they add on 3000 pound...

Cheapest option is normally a recommended local heating installer!.

If it's London she gets a voucher then gets it installed then claims the money back. No stupid loops to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrappage / government grants for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock