Search the forum,

Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
my scrappy pays by cheque too

You can get a cheque with no name on it, then take it to a shop that cashes cheques if you don't know a scrappy who still gives cash.

You can get a cheque with no name on it, then take it to a shop that cashes cheques if you don't know a scrappy who still gives cash.

that he told me too..

problem is, he will ask me how to spell 'noname'.lol

What a crock the 'new laws' are. Just seen a bit on the news this morning and as of today 'you will be paid by cheque UNLESS you are of no fixed abode'. Really clamped down there on the people they need to.
so dress like a hobo and make a few trips to the scrapyard.

im from South Africa & scrap is a BIG business here.

i also do it when im not so busy on the plumbing side.
at least here they only ask for ID- no licence stories(hope it stays that way)

Try not taking it in your van. That way it doesn't seem like trade waste.

You still need to show ID though and you can bet HMRC, Vosa and the environment agency will be looking for patterns. The best way to do it is to go legit with it. If you're in business chances are you'll occasionally carry rubbish so you should have a waste licence anyway. As for the yards not paying cash I think the government have got the public on side on this one after all the scrap metal thefts and a few overpaid plumbers moaning about the loss of a perk is not going to hold much sway.

It's happened, it's staying, live with it.

And don't forget to generate waste transfer notes whenever you move any waste also if you want to stay squeaky.

its much easier here, thank god.
if the govt had to tighten regulations, then most scrap dealers will suffer as the majority of their suppliers are unemployed people who collect scrap for a living and just barely have ID

just reluctantly applied for a scrap metal license. booo. Was going to take some in today but got all paranoid about it. Now i need to wait 15 days. just loaded up the van as well. Paranoia is a pig!

just reluctantly applied for a scrap metal license. booo. Was going to take some in today but got all paranoid about it. Now i need to wait 15 days. just loaded up the van as well. Paranoia is a pig!

Last time I weighed in the merchant asked me who I would like the cheque made out to, put it in the wife's name .that said I still keep a waste carriers license but never been asked to produce it in 4 years. I was stopped by Vosa a few weeks thought they were definitely going to ask but no !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock