Search the forum,

Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sound of what is mentioned above this is going to have to be declared! Bummer paying 20% of your perks to the taxman now aswell as everything else they just don't know when to BUTT OUT!!!

that is a bummer but what I am worried about is them seeing that i don't have a license and fining me

its too late now, the deal has be done!!! And after all the substance abuse i did in my teens i suffer from severe paranoia. So it's going to be sleepless nights for me

the licence is about ÂŁ170 last time i looked anyway which was a few months back.

that is a bummer but what I am worried about is them seeing that i don't have a license and fining me

I wouldn't sweat it. This is one of those situations where the cost of the control would outweigh the benefits so it will not be in place. Another annoyance has been added to our daily grind but one not worth stressing about IMHO :smile:

I wouldn't sweat it. This is one of those situations where the cost of the control would outweigh the benefits so it will not be in place. Another annoyance has been added to our daily grind but one not worth stressing about IMHO :smile:

Unless you happen to be in one of the areas where they are checking. Unlikely to happen after the event but VOSA have been carrying out spot checks across Kent and Sussex and apparently some vehicle were ceased and crushed in Kent.

dont see why not, you could tell them.............. all the brass fittings are re-useable???? the cylinder is a pikey entrapment device????

Ive used the not having a waste carriers licence as an excuse to not take rubbish away from a job so I suppose I should really leave the scrap there too...................................unlikely though

i've got a waste carriers licence except when customers want the rubbish taken away, when i conveniently forget i have one lol

Once again the beurocrats have shafted us. I guess we should all jack in the plumbing game and join the likes of Starbucks, Amazon and google who get away with paying nothing into our system for years.

I guess the next time I call at my accountants I will have a choice of going through the green or red door. Anything to declare sir? Yes, one copper cylinder and a heat exchanger... :hand:

Next thing will be the scrappie having to deduct VAT from the funds we receive. Rant Over!

The scrap dealer we use does not pay you the vat unless you are VAT registered.
I think you will find they do not give you the VAT and never have even before the new rules.

We don't have that law up here until next year, so you always save it all up and cross the border with your scrap! LOL

If you paid customer say ÂŁ1 (on your invoice or job ticket deduct ÂŁ1) would it be your property and not trade waste ?

There's no get out. It's trade waste. Just bite the bullet and get a waste licence, it's hardly going to break the bank. If you're going to offer a proper service to customers you need to be able to get shot of the rubbish and it's not always economically viable to pay someone else to do it. Fair enough some customers can get shot of it but what if you change a loo for an old dear that can barely walk? You can hardly leave her to get rid.

But if i have paid for it its my personal property and not waste. Or dont that count?
i am not sure but i was stoped and pulled over and i was asked what i did with my waste and i told them i take my waste company and they told me i need a transfer liceance. now technically i own all the packaging as i only sell to the customer what is inside the box but was told i need a liceance.

I propose an ammendment to the GSUIR ; Any work carried out in the home of a police officer or VOSA representative shall be subject to a levy of not less than ÂŁ1 per m2 or ÂŁ500 whatever be the maximum to cover the cost of bu*****t

But if i have paid for it its my personal property and not waste. Or dont that count?

Try it if you like as long as we can all come and point and laugh as your van is transformed into a cube of scrap metal in the crusher. The legislation specifically mentions that the producer of the waste must be licenced if they carry it away and regardless of who owns the waste you still produced it.

Guilty until proven innocent, that's what this is. I blame fly tippers, they've tarnished every honest tradesman who owns a van.

The trouble is at has done nothing to stop fly tipping. If anything the higher disposal costs and licensing requirement have increased the amount of fly tipping.

Yeah I suppose you're right, I just felt really angry after catching up on this thread and decided to vent a bit of misguided steam.

How does anyone recoup their ÂŁ150 or whatever the license is now over the 3 year period of registration or do you just take it on the chin? I'd find it awkward throwing 5 or 10 quid on the customers bill for 'rubbish removal'. If you give them a written estimate or quote it's one more charge they'll see and think you're pulling a fast one.

personally npk i would play this by job as some customers will be happy to pay, others may decide to get rid themselves and will probably want to take the scrap too.

I don't mention any charge for rubbish in the estimate, I just add a cost on to pay for the clearance costs. I always state to remove and clear away when pricing and if anyone queries me removing the scrap I tell them that I've taken the scrap value into account and this offsets the cost of rubbish clearance.

The waste licence was paid for by one scrap run.

I had a quick look at the web site looks like you got till dec 13 to get a licence. Bet it starts at ÂŁ150 then goes up. From what i can make out every workman needs one so in fact its a tax on working people to be able to go to work.

just been down to my scrappy, all paid by check or exchange. he dont care if the cheques made to micky mouse.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with contractors to refurbish it. I'm 39 and it is my only property (I'm no property tycoon). Next door's bathroom is on the other side of the wall to my...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock