Search the forum,

Discuss Scottish Gas Coyboys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Recently purchased a house. One of the selling points was a hardly used year old heating system installed by Scottish Gas.
After a week I noticed a drop in pressure so decided I better get this sorted before moving in.
I found most of the 30 year old back boiler system still in place including a load of steal pipe that the Cowboys connected up new drops to the radiators to.
There were old leaking isolation valves and some some compression fittings leaking mainly due to not one pipe clip used to support the pipe.
Not one bit of insulation was used to protect the pipework in the ventilated floorspace.

The most shocking thing I found was these idiots splitting floorboards with no joist bellow so they have used a small strip of wood resting on top of the heating pipework to support the floorboard in doorway.
They even put one of their absorbent pads bellow as they know it will eventually leak.:mad:

How do these waste of space idiots get away with it?

1.jpg2.jpg

I'd complain mate a year is nothing when you look at that workmanship

Bouse Hashers, in and out in 3 hours. Maybe these are the ones who are always boasting how quick they are?

Its been a boiler swap connecting to existing pipework and DIY Dan has been at that board.
Btw check that pipe isn't truewell. If it is rip the lot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scottish Gas Coyboys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock