Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Schedule of rates newbuilds in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That figure came from a new redrow site

The smaller builders pay more

2. Astasinim

Astasinim New Member

Going rate round my way for a 3 bed 2 bath house is about 4 - 4.5k, first and second fix for a small to medium developer. I`ve no idea about the nationals though.

3. ShaunCorbs

4. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

5. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

Hi guys just a quick post , I’ve been offered some new build work on the books paye , standard 3beds £320 per plot for 1st fix inc shower tray and soils, was told by the gaffers at company there doing 3 a week??? Which I’m surprised at but it’s labour only. Haven’t done new build for some time as I’m more of service and repair but thinking of mixing it up. Just wondered if it’s possible to do a 3bed in a day and a half on your own??

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Plastic pipe?
    Combi?
    Zones?
    How many bathrooms?

7. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

Thanks for reply it’s plastic fantastic 3beds 1bath ensuite combi and 2 zone valve set up

8. ShaunCorbs

Day for first fix eg hot cold and heating and gas (long days)

Half a day for soils

9. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Doesnt sound long enough to me.
    Dont forget testing
    The first batch you will be much slower til you get in the swing of things, Dont think I could do it that fast

10. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

Thanks for reply I was looking at 2days but I thought it was pushing it a day or 1.5days, just want to mix my week up if possible just wondering what new build life is like

11. ShaunCorbs

Rubbish everything needs to be fast and no room for neatness

12. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Anyone can throw hep2o around a new build in a day and a half. It will be rough tho.

13. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

I thought that had a chat with the guys at company and they have said would I be interested in full time maintenance, now that seems a good number but never new anyone who’s done it, I suspect it’s change taps/servicing/change pumps/zone valves etc. Been offered fair price but still unsure