Search the forum,

Discuss Santon premiere invented issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carlos

Help got an issue with a santon premiere system , initially both the central heating and hot water system... The system is quite old and as far as aware was working OK until recently.
The main Issue is that when any of the hot water taps are activated they initially run cold (expected) the hot water starts to flow hot but then quickly cools to run at warm, eventually going cold. Central heating Checks identified the pump was worn and so replaced, also noted I'd that some of the rad valves had also seized..( replaced) central heating now runs fine.
Hot water - When checking the actuator for the hot water noted that this was not being opened, this was also replaced, however did not seem initially to work, adjusted the tank thermostat setting to lowest setting then back to very hot and the actuator kicked in and opened electrically. Left for a few hours and then overnight. I'm advised by house occs that system is still the same...very poor hot water flow..
I've rung Santon who sadly were not much help. They stated its likley a pressure imbalance and I needed to fit something to address this... ! Recommended a service engineer then identified they have none locally, so just pick one...
I am aware that external to the property the water co have fitted new metres, also there was a chsnge of shower bar last year other than these no other changes, system has otherwise ran fine uninterrupted. Would these alter the mains pressure to cause the cold to over power the hot...?
Checking the fitting data its refers to checking the indirect thermostat for faults. How would I do this..? If this was an issue would they get any hot water...

Seems a lot to answer but iseem to be going around in circles...

If it is an unvented cylinder that you're talking about then you need a G3 qualified engineer to look at it simple as. Maybe put an advert on here and one of our forum members might be able to help you out [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] it's not something you are going to be able to fix yourself

It is an unvented system so for the house holders safety please don't play around with it any more these things can kill you if you don't know what you are doing!

It is almost certainly not the cylinder but the new shower mixer that is the problem anyway (cold water is pushing hot out of the way because there are no check valves fitted).

To confirm open the hot tap / shower, wait until it goes warm/cold then go feel the hot pipe coming out of the cylinder if it is still hot then its an external fitting, if it is cold then you need to find someone who knows what they are doing with one of these Santon Premiere.

Last edited:
Thanks for this however if just the shower how come its the same issue when running a tap...?
I am trying to eliminate some of the common issues without gradually having to replace all the ancillary parts prior to having someone look at the cylinder itself.

As above pump and actuator\ two way valves already changed..

It's not my intention to start messing with the cylinder...

One form suggested checking the filters in the cold pressure regulator as muck may have entered when the external meter was fitted.. There was cloudy water for while and co advised running off until clear...

Thoughts.

Thoughts are stop fishing for an answer and get a g3 qualified plumber in.

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO ATTEMPT TO WORK ON AN UNVENTED CYLINDER.

Job 38.11

One of our senior members, Chris Watkins, who had previously been posting on this thread, had been writing a definitive reply when I closed this thread.

Here is his reply.

chris watkins said:
If the cold water is at a greater pressure than the hot then it will push the hot right out the way coming out of all the taps which is why the Water Regulation (Law) state that single check valves are installed to all fitting were mixing takes place, so were they installed ?

You claim you just want to "eliminate some of the common issues without gradually having to replace all the ancillary parts" but that is exactly what you have been doing my friend, "pump and actuator\ two way valves already changed" needlessly!!!!

How much more money in parts do you want to spend? It could be a lot more than what a qualified engineer will cost you (or will you look for the cheapest one of them as well?

All the so called suggestions from another place are not correct (take it from an expert) & they are an incitement to you to break the Law, as previous posts stated.

I am sure that you will not receive any further advice from this forum which might encourage you to break the Law, we take our responsibility's more seriously here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon premiere invented issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock