Search the forum,

Discuss Santon premier+ direct cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious really....Yesterday was called to a job where the RCD was tripping and quickly established it was the bottom immersion heater. I disconnected the bottom immersion temporarily to get the power back on and ready for the plumber to come and replace the immersion before I go back and reconnect it. I noticed the immersion itself didn't look like a standard size (it looked smaller) and didn't look like you would be able to get a box spanner on it. Just curious is it now common on these types of cylinder to have a smaller immersion and why? cheers

g3 system so you wont need to know

g3 system so you wont need to know

Yeah I know that.........hence the plumber replacing the immersion and not me! Bit abrupt there Shaun. Was generally only interested if it was now common on most cylinders and why re invent the wheel so to speak. I never asked how to replace etc as I couldn't give a toss as not competent do so and not G3 qualified.

Yeah I know that.........hence the plumber replacing the immersion and not me! Bit abrupt there Shaun. Was generally only interested if it was now common on most cylinders and why re invent the wheel so to speak. I never asked how to replace etc as I couldn't give a toss as not competent do so and not G3 qualified.

you know manufacturers they like selling expensive and hard to get parts

Hello,, I might be in completely the wrong place but here I go. I am 26 years old and been in the groundeorks industry for 6 years. I didn't do well in school but I'm very confident with my maths abilities. I'm very much into learning the plumbing world. I've started an online course that involves some practical. I will have a city and guilds after the course.. before you laugh, I also believe an online course will never teach me the trade.
This is why I am here, I've asked a few friends in my area and have had no luck becoming a plumbers mate to learn this trade.
I have a mock up bathroom in my workshop and have had a go at soldering and started to acquire the tools to do a few jobs round the house.
If anyone could give me any advice how to get into the trade it would be much appreciated.
I have a wife and two children in a rented property so it's not easy to drop thins and start a ÂŁ200 a week apprentiship.
I've started doing a few jobs at friends houses but it's not enough hands on experience for me to feel completely comfortable with what I'm doing.
Any reply will go a long way.
Thanks Oli

Contact your local college and get into a beginners course there. If you still like it then you can look at doing an NVQ where you have to geta work based portfolio. College is always better than the speed courses as they actually teach you things that are useful in the real world

Last edited:
You would be fortunate to get a ÂŁ200 per week apprenticeship in this industry. Lads struggle to get work for no wages.

Do some searches on here for similar stories

Was generally only interested if it was now common on most cylinders and why re invent the wheel so to speak.

The wheel was invented a long time ago, things move on.

Unvented Immersion heaters tend to be shaped and not straight.
And where there's 2 in a cylinder they are different.
They couldn't screw in as a standard heater does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon premier+ direct cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
S
I have an unvented direct cylinder from centerstore to use it only for hot water CenterStore direct unvented cylinder 120ltr | Wolseley - https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/centerstore-direct-unvented-cylinder-120-ltr/ but with two immersion heaters. I had it the cylinder working fine for 4-5...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Dear All, My hot water cylinder (approx 45 years old) is fitted with a bottom mounted immersion heater controlled via a timer and an Essentials 7" TS220 thermostat bought from Screwfix. The cylinder itself is well lagged with two jackets and the timer kicks in every evening for 3 hours...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock