Search the forum,

Discuss Salus Thermostat wiring? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know if this is in the right section but here goes
I need to wire a salus 300rf thermostat to a baxi duo-tec
Thanks

If you have boiler installation instructions it will tell you all you need to know, get it wrong and you will blow the PCB, That's all we are permitted to tell you un less your a GS engineer

I would not wire a salus stat into any heating system I have fitted/worked on. You will be back in 6/12 months fitting something else as it will either break or the customer cannot work it properly. Try to persuade the customer to have a better branded stat.

Sounds like you have had some problems with Salus controls ! have fitted loads never had any problems with any of them, luck of the draw maybe !

I am a fully qualified plumber and gas fitter
But my gas safe has run out
I had a accident some years ago lifting a fire soround
Collapsed my disks pressing on scieatic nerve
The thermostat is for family
I'm ok with wiring but
Always had electrician to wire them up
Thanks

Sounds like you have had some problems with Salus controls ! have fitted loads never had any problems with any of them, luck of the draw maybe !
Never fitted any mate. But replaced a shed load. You could be right. Might just be luck of the draw.:(:(

No offence, but If your gas safe has run out then you should know best you aren't allowed to touch the boiler unless you are gas safe.

Have you got the wiring diagram for the stat and boiler?

Here is a pic of boiler pic
thermostat and back of thermostat

IMG_9403.PNG

IMG_9404.PNG

IMG_9405.JPG

You said the thermostat is for family,an then said it's for you? As above your not GSR anymore,we can't advise/condone you to fit it yourself.Its easy enough to do from your pic's do you not know anyone else In the trade that's GSR that could do it for you?

Not anymore
When I had the accident didn't get to see any work mates

My mum lives in a property owned by me
It's ok no worries

Mains Live, nuetral, earth into sender unit. Join earth with a connector. Run 5 core in sequence back to boiler .Grey and black into com and No. I cant see why you need to be gsr, a site would insist a sparky plays with electrics?

Mains Live, nuetral, earth into sender unit. Join earth with a connector. Run 5 core in sequence back to boiler .Grey and black into com and No. I cant see why you need to be gsr, a site would insist a sparky plays with electrics?

Need to remove the case to the boiler which can only be done if your gas safe registered

Nuff said, gsr to remove the case, sparky to install electrics and issue paperwork for landlord if it needs a new spur. No wonder have a go heroes prevail!

No need for a sparky

Just a good heating engy aslong as there's a fused spur

I have got a sparky to sort
Thanks
Nice one, you need pianists fingers to get 5 core and 3 core all into the back of the salus sender unit! I personally have found them ok. Have had to change the frequency a few times where neighbours have them set the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus Thermostat wiring? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock