Search the forum,

Discuss salus st620wbc and st620rf, wireless thermostats, are these the same? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pb Lead

Hello everyone and I hope you enjoyed Xmas.

Well as is customary for wintertime, central heating issues are causing me grief.

Not my 50 year old boiler mind you, as long as I feed that gas and thermocouples it's more than happy.

Its my 3 year old control system, the Salus st620rf. Overall a good unit, interface a bit clunky and now its refusing to pair, even with fresh duracells! The fact that it got a bit of a dowsing in orange sauce, which was meant for my ham, probably hasn't helped.

Can anyone tell me if a salus st620wbc and st620rf, are these the same? As there is a WBC on eBay and I want to try replacing my RF with it. I just want to be sure that there is no difference, i.e. no firmware difference or anything like that, my guess is just the only difference will be in the receiver.

Many thanks,

Paul

the wbc one is for use on worcester boilers and connects straight into the boiler it fits where the contols unit or blanking plate is on certain worcester boilers think it is only greenstar

Thanks, it's mainly the transmitter I thought bling of, the bit where you program and control the temperature as my one got flooded by orange sauce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salus st620wbc and st620rf, wireless thermostats, are these the same? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - hoping someone can help with a what I think is a simple question! I have a Salus wireless thermostat connected to an Ariston combi boiler (a very old, but functioning, boiler...). The boiler is working fine for hot water, but the thermostat isn't working - the wireless receiver and the...
Replies
Views
I recently posted on here as I was having problems with my wireless thermostat and receiver, turns out the receiver has developed a fault. I have decided to change the old set up for a new receiver and wireless thermostat. However the wiring set up is different on the new unit ( a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Following on from the helpful posts I received my other post about my new boiler KW rating and aereator and expansion vessel enquiry, I am now wanting to canvas opinion on the Thermostat controls. I've had 4 things suggestions: Google Nest British Gas Hive Salus (IT500 I think)...
Replies
Views
PaoloTherm
P
Hi All, I have a Grant oil boiler about 5 years old, controlled by a Honeywell st9400c programmer and all is well with it. My problem is that the analogue thermostat is in it's traditional hallway location and I want to replace it with a newfangled wireless version so the thermostat can be...
Replies
Views
B
Just starting to have the trickle of plumbers round doing quotes for boilers and, as I suspected and hoped WOULDN'T happen, they're giving me different bits of advice on what I 'have' to have, along the lines of the 'I shouldn't install it without x/y/z'. I've currently got a 14 year old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock