Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss salmander shower pump installed problem :-/ in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. peter0504030201

peter0504030201 New Member

hi all
    installed a Salamander Pump 100 TU negative and positive head , each side side of the pump as red for hot a blue for cold water connections , but I have just realized I have fitted the wrong way round , would this be a problem for the life of the pump ?

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What do you mean. You have piped hot to blue and cold to red?

3. peter0504030201

yes that's right

4. Harvest Fields

Turn them around. They are marked like that for a reason mate.

5. peter0504030201

hard to turn them the right way now , this job was to resolve a complaint through my company , being a whole house pump with bypass tubes going from hot to cold impellers I cant see any issues with connections being the wrong way , the heat will travel to both sides when in operation , I just wanted to hear what other people think?

6. Harvest Fields

And I have just told you. But your the one that will have to fix it when it breaks down so you do what you see fit mate. It was just my opinion.

7. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

The key with it being piped wrong is that you give the manufacturer a get out if it fails within warranty

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SalamanderPumps

SalamanderPumps New Member

Hi, if you need installation advice please call our technical team on 0191 516 2002. Thanks.