Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander Pump Placement Help - With Diagram To Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

Firstly I am a DIYer, generally a fairly competent one… (he says!). I am looking for some advice on the placement of a pump (Salamander Force CT 30). The aim was to have the pump as a whole of house pump, but if not with my setup, just for my showers. I have attached a basic drawing of my system which I hope will help. My main issue is around the hot water supply from the cylinder. From the 22mm connection it flows to a usual T and then up to the expansion and down to supply the rest of the house. I will be putting a Surrey flange on the tank to draw the water without air. I would then, generally I think, put the pump on the flow from the outlet sideways from the flange, piped near to the base of the cylinder etc. However, here comes my problem/lack of knowledge… As my boiler is located on the first floor, the expansion pipe also appears to T off on the floor above and supply hot water to two of my showers. The other run from the T goes up into the loft and into the expansion tank.

So, based on the above I have two questions: 1. Is this set up correct and standard? 2. Where should I be placing my pump to ensure the showers both benefit?

Thanks in advance – I really appreciate your help, my brain just isn’t good enough!

mBUjyK

Can you run a new vent ??

From the cylinder to the tank

Thanks Shaun, I appreciate your help. I have attached a drawing/scribble of what I think you mean - green are new runs and pump placement.
Essentially, I would run a new vent from the top of the s-flange and then use previous vent/feed pipework to run everything else only - elbow off instead of a T where it used to go up to vent. Then put pump on the feed run coming from the horizontal run from the s flange. The drawing may explain this better!!

Thanks in advance.

Jack pump rejig

Yea that's it cap after the last supply then install a new vent from where you cut down to the s flange

Reply to Salamander Pump Placement Help - With Diagram To Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom in my first-floor loft conversion. The header tank for the vented boiler is located as high as possible but the sink tap is just above the head of water so obviously the pump cannot self-start. A momentary activation of the bath tap overcomes the problem but it’s not very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock