Search the forum,

Discuss Safety of tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

Working on site is always a bit dodgy regarding tools. Leave them lying around and the chances are they won't be there when you come back.

I've worked in places off site where lads have come up to you and asked what tools you want. Then possibly gone and robbed them to order. You where not supposed to ask where they came from.

Employers in the Plumbing industry only insure certain tools and then only if they are in a locked box inside a locked shed.

Also if you walk onto a site with a box of sparkling new tools, its a give away that your only just starting in the game. You can meet opposition off the lads, if they think you have only done a short course or are working cheap, they might think you might be trying to take their job.

Also on a bonus site, don't perhaps expect too much help, its usual that the slowest workers get the sack first and if they help you become faster, then they are afraid they might be the slowest.

Its an orrible way to work!
Try and avoid bonus work when your starting off.
It will be a bit hard though, as nearly everywhere seems to work bonus now days.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been on both sides of this.

At exhibitions people have walked off with our drills if we leave them unattended for even a few minutes.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/br3a.jpg
Even at exhibitions our tools are vulnerable to theft off stand

But one of the strong selling points of our "all in one" kits is that our competitors products from Armeg, Macrist and Rubi costing hundreds of pounds are prone to being stolen from installers either on site or from vans.

I'm not trying to heavily push forward the claim that ********* are better because our competitions stuff is expensive and prone to being stolen. But theft is an issue for any installer making considered purchases of all capital equipment.

Our main claims are that at £49.99 our best selling kit (at £7.15 per drill) is great value for money.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/kit2.jpg
£7.15 per drill is value for money

And if stolen off site is more an irritant than a financial disaster to an installer.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/unit4.jpg
And can be replaced !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Safety of tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock