Search the forum,

Discuss Safe gas pipe work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amateur renovat

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help here. We are having major renovation works done on a house with our builder providing all tradesmen. We have been told that the following gas pipe work des not conform to current regulations. We don't seem to be able to get any other plumber to come out and inspect and our builder assures it is fine but we are concerned the gas pipe is too near electrics . Is there a professional body who we can contact? We dont want to upset builder if it is not an issue but would just like some advice to ensure that this is not dangerous. thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 71
Who said the pipework was non compliant, the Building Inspector?

What was put in first?

If it was the Gas pipe, you need the Electrician to sort out the cables that cross the pipe.

If it was the cables, you need the Plumber (GSR) to sort out the pipe that crosses the cables.

Last edited:
Thank you. It is also very near a plug socket. We posted another question on another site about something unrelated and we were told it did not conform. So are you saying that the pipe and electrics should not cross? thanks

i would say at a practical reason it would be ok but if you dont like the cables touching the pipe get some 25mm pipe insulation and a roll of gas marking tape

Thank you. It is also very near a plug socket. We posted another question on another site about something unrelated and we were told it did not conform. So are you saying that the pipe and electrics should not cross? thanks

needs a 25mm gap also what is the grey pipe in the floor?

Last edited:

Don`t know which other forum you used but you can trust the posters who reply to this if they have the Yellow GS Registered badge under their name.

As you can see I`m only allowed in the pub.

Last edited:
The pipe needs insulating form the cable, just wrap some electrical insulation tape around it

Also, if the pipe is running in the boxing then it will need suitable ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Safe gas pipe work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the wall above the AEG Induction hob with 1 Gas burner. It worked very well on Natural gas. We have had the local gas co. install an LPG supply using...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock