Search the forum,

Discuss Ryobi lit-ion batteries dead. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I've not used my li-ion batteries for a good few months and they now won't hold any charge. At first I thought it was the charger as none would charge, but trying a different charger I'm getting the same problem. I've seen that you can boost them but not really sure what that entails. I don't really want to dump and replace them as I don't do much installation work so don't use them often enough (hence why I just went for ryobi rather than more expensive). Any advice please?

batteries need to be used and charged regularly, lack of use ruins them. You may be able to get them refurbed if one of the cells has gone or a link broken if you know of someone doing that local to you.

I think there is a way to rejuvenate them. The charger can't begin to charge them when they are totally flat & they need a bit of power put into them. Same as lead car battery if too flat.
YouTube might have answers

Li on batteries do die if they get discharged completely. Thats why a lot just stop when in use it's to prevent total discharge

As above.
These batteries must not permitted to loose charge completely. If the charge falls bellow a minimum level they are deemed unusable as are unsafe to charge so safety cutoff activates in the battery.

Options:
1. Replace the batteries.
2. The vast majority of these batteries can be restored with a more complex/expensive smart charger. The only safe option for restoration.
3. Replacement of the individual cells in batteries may be possible.

Don't forget some chargers go into super slow mo mode , and start charging once left to trickle for a day or two . (But not true of all )
If nothings getting HOT - try a longer charge , Then stop if lights change and gets warm !
( Though I don't have any Ryobi -- so they may just Turn off and thats it -like others say)

Get some cheapo rip off ones off ebay mate, if you get them refurbed they will mostly use the same chinese li on cells anyway.

li on cells are junk if you allow the charge to drop below a certain level, they also have a lifespan even if not used very offten. bin them and get new batts. If you want the cheapest option then import them from the usa when theres a sale on. ryobi batts are about 50-60% cheaper in the usa generally and sometimes even more when on sale.

I have a Bosch 10.8v impact driver and have done this a few times leaving it in the van. Last time I left them on charge for near on a week but then they jumped back into life both of them.

ryobi is megga big in usa, know someone in the repair factory there. import new battery or find a smart chager.

ryobi have some cool tools in the usa. ive got this site light, i use it to light my garden sometimes.

ryobi led.jpg

They really shouldn't have discharged completely, are they much cop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ryobi lit-ion batteries dead. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock