Search the forum,

Discuss Run open vented hot pipe to tundish/waste pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer has had a legionella assessment done, as part of renting out her house.
She has a fairly new, open-vented CWST in the attic. The hot water vent pipe discharges over the CWST, as is standard practise. However, the assessor says this is a legionella risk, and has recommended the pipe be re-routed via a tundish to a suitable discharge point.
Personally, I think the assessor is being overly thorough. I've never heard of the vent pipe being run in such a way.
But maybe I'm missing something.
Plus also the tank needs a clean. It has sediment on the bottom. It's loose, and easily wiped off (if I drained down). But would you recommend I do a thorough disinfection of the tank, and - in which case - what chemicals/method would you recommend.
I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this.
Thanks so much
Jennie

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Blooming legionella assessments.
They go on a day course, and know it all. If they went by the rules, we wouldn't be allowed any header tanks!
Apparently,the worst place in any house for legionella is the spout of a tap. They have to note on a report of there is any scale build up.!

Elf & safety!!!!

Last edited:
It standard practice in the Commercial buildings I work on to have Vent to drain not to tank.

Stops the tank getting over 20 if there's any venting over.

And all the spray tap spouts and heads are cleaned regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Run open vented hot pipe to tundish/waste pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock