Search the forum,

Discuss rt500 salus thermostat not calling boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

renton212

I am not convinced my brand new worcester 30 i greenstar boiler is communicating with my rt500 salus thermostat.

My boiler does work but I think my thermo is not always calling it on. I sometimes have to put the thermo to sleep and then turn it back on.

It is often displaying the calling for heat symbol but the boiler is not kicking in.

I woke up this morning after setting the heat to come on at 5.30am after being off overnight since 2am. I wanted it to get up to 25c but nothing was happening when I woke at 6am...

what am i doing wrong or is it just a rubbish thermo?

I have a customer who has this stat, I thoroughly hate the thing. She changes the bateries every October then promptly phones me when it stops working.
It's properly awkward to pair it up to the receiver, and once paired it doesn't 'handshake' when it sends a signal so if the reciever missed it due to interference or some other reason the stat doesn't know.
If it's paired up properly (the lights on the receiver will tell you) try placing it somewhere else, closer to the receiver and see if that fixes it.

As above for a permanent solution change the thing for a different brand but get a gas safe eng to do it, hate them

Ive fitted a few and only had one that a complaint came from. He changed batteries and all seemed well as didnt hear anything back.

Refer to page 10 and it should give info re re-pairing

change the dip switches for a different operating frequency, normally you get the neighbours interfering with yours as the world leaves them on factory settings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rt500 salus thermostat not calling boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor thermostat and now it's not switching on the boiler to heat that floor. The thermostat display is fine and the app is fine. All systems say they are fine and...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the boiler display and then kick back in again. I have checked all wiring and the zone valves. What else could it be? anyone seen this before
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi I have changed my Honeywell T6360 thermostat to a Salus T105RF wireless thermostat. There was three wires going to the original honeywell thermostat. One of these being the supply and another going to the boiler. I wasn't sure what the other wire was and so didn't connect up. Now the Salus...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock