Search the forum,

Discuss Routes to becoming a gas engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dazh09

Hi all, can anyone give me advice on the paths to take to become a gas engineer?

I plan on doing the plumbing studies level 2 (6035-2) at college in the evenings as I want to be able to do both plumbing as well as gas.

Would this course alone be enough to gain me entry to the Bpec gas foundation course or would I need to work towards getting the full nvq level 2 via adding the onsite assessments to the Plumbing studies 6035-2?

Or do you have to be nvq level 3??

I think nvq level 3 includes core gas, water regs and possibly unvented, level 2 should give you entry. Both need proper onsite evidence though to pass.

I can get the onsite for the gas through my uncle who is a gas engineer and has his own business, my problem would be getting the onsite for the plumbing as he doesn't touch water.

I'm not sure how I can achieve level 3 as I'm a 32 year old with 3 kids under the age of 5, so an apprenticeship is out of the question

I would say you need the plumbing side. The number of times I go to a 'broken' boiler to find its an issue plumbing wise.

If I do manage to get the onsite assessments required for the level 2 plumbing, what options do I then have for doing the level 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Routes to becoming a gas engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock