Search the forum,

Discuss Rough idea on bathroom price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Starting to get to price some bathrooms so want to get my pricing right on this one.

Already had my tiler give me a price on retile so need rough guess on others .

Job includes
Full rip out of bath suite
Prep all walls for tiler
alter waste pipes and Heating and domestics under floor for new suite.
Tiny bit of electrical work.
Fit walk in shower tray and screen
Fit new basin toilet.
Plus all the little bits that go on with bathrooms.

I would say bathroom is a standard size

Customer supplying the bath suite

Hard ones these without seeing, assuming you arent doing anything with floor and ceiling, I would see it about 2.0/ 2.5k ish plus tillers invoice .

Don't forget the skip!
I would allow the following.
6 days labour, as your not tiling @your day rate.
Tile adhesive cost
Grout cost
Sealer and silicone cost
Pip and fittings to alter heating, hot, cold and waste.
Pan connection, traps etc.
Timber for boxings, making good floor and bath panel.
Plasterboard and plaster for walls.
Electrical cost
Carpet protection ( roll and stroll)
Tilers price.
Expect it to come in between ÂŁ2200 and ÂŁ3500 , depending on your day rate.
I finished a bathroom on Friday, that took 12 days plus materials did it on day work ( luckily!) I took a sharp intake of breath when I gave her the invoice for just over ÂŁ11,000 +vat including the suite and tiles.
She then informed me that the next closest price was nearly ÂŁ20,000 !!
Wish I had known.

When thinking about bathroom prices, you should first think about where you want to position yourself in the market. My experience is there's much more variation in price on bathrooms than in general plumbing. If we use the example of the supermarkets do you want to be focussing on being cheaper (such as Lidl or Aldi) or premium (Waitrose/M&S). All of them do pretty much the same thing. Yes, there's probably a difference in quality between the lower end of the market and the top end. Is it enough to justify the difference in cost? Some customers will think so, some wont.

You can sell a fully fitted bathroom with floor and wall tiling for ÂŁ10k easily to the right customer. Equally, another customer will find that price almost offensive and will expect the quote to come in around half of that price.

It's probably no surprise that the lower end customers will want to supply their own items, perceiving they will be getting a cheaper job that way. If you choose to supply your own items you will find people willing to pay a lot more for bathrooms and thus you do rather well out of them.

The second thing I'd be looking at is how busy I am at the moment. Busy = higher price, Quieter = lower price.

This is just supply and demand and is no different for bathroom fitting than for anything else in life.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly but hope it makes you realise there's a lot of cash to be made in bathrooms if you price according to customer AND how busy you are.

It's how I made my cash when I was running my business.

For your work, I'd be banking on 7 days of work, assuming the worst case on everything: -

1.) Existing tiles will rip off plasterboard or in the case of solid walls we will have to go back to the brickwork due to minor water damage around shower/bath area. I.E drylining or new plasterboard on all walls.

2.) Existing floorboards will be replaced with WBP Plywood flooring so that the floor doesn't squeak before we start installing, i.e. no movement.

3.) If adding new cabling I will need to consider RCD protection for it if not already there - possible extra time here.

4.) I'm planning for and expecting some issues with the existing plumbing.

In short, always think and plan for the worst case with bathrooms, there is nothing worse than working for free because you end up getting a bathroom that's in a right state and not costing in enough time/materials for it.

Last edited:
All of them do pretty much the same thing. Yes, there's probably a difference in quality between the lower end of the market and the top end. Is it enough to justify the difference in cost? Some customers will think so, some wont.

Well said.

Don't forget the skip!
I would allow the following.
6 days labour, as your not tiling @your day rate.
Tile adhesive cost
Grout cost
Sealer and silicone cost
Pip and fittings to alter heating, hot, cold and waste.
Pan connection, traps etc.
Timber for boxings, making good floor and bath panel.
Plasterboard and plaster for walls.
Electrical cost
Carpet protection ( roll and stroll)
Tilers price.
Expect it to come in between ÂŁ2200 and ÂŁ3500 , depending on your day rate.
I finished a bathroom on Friday, that took 12 days plus materials did it on day work ( luckily!) I took a sharp intake of breath when I gave her the invoice for just over ÂŁ11,000 +vat including the suite and tiles.
She then informed me that the next closest price was nearly ÂŁ20,000 !!
Wish I had known.
That happens to many people.
As long as you did a good job and you earned instead of making minus that's good. Perhaps you didn't earn as much but maybe you earned another 3/4 customers. That's the way I see it. You cannot be always winner. Have you got any pics of that bathroom ? Would be quite interested

to do a bathroom complete from scratch it takes 2 weeks I have done my fair share so allow 2k for labour + materials just finished one had to take a hit on it because of a arrogant customer but hey ho still earned wages out of it , cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rough idea on bathroom price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock