Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger Super Fire 2 faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfc

has anybody ever come across the same problem I'm encountering with my super fire 2 torch at all. When I screw a gas bottle on to it the gas hisses out of the little pin hole centre of the trigger body. Had it apart and messed about with it but nothing seems untoward. Cheers to anyone that can help, don't really fancy buying another one but I'm getting a bit fed up of using the quick fire now it's just not the same

Mines done that from new,

Its just where the pin is pushing into the gas bottle but the bottles not fully tightened on yet

Ring Rothenberg up or get hold of rep, I've had things over the years with them , they have sent out service kits, that includes everything except the handle, Give them a call nothing to loose, except the cost of the call

Yes. Also I remove bottle after each use as they recommend and the thread wears after 9 months. Emailed them but they are. Not interested.

I haven't seen a rothy rep for a year or so now, have 3 or four sf2 with various issues laying around, I keep meaning to make one good one from them.

If there's gas coming out the whole below the trigger then the torch is basically dead. A repair kit IF you can get one won't sort the problem. New torch time!

Yes. Also I remove bottle after each use as they recommend and the thread wears after 9 months. Emailed them but they are. Not interested.

Leave the bottle in like the rest of us... Just make sure you lock the trigger & turn off the gas tap??? Why unscrew every time...

has anybody ever come across the same problem I'm encountering with my super fire 2 torch at all. When I screw a gas bottle on to it the gas hisses out of the little pin hole centre of the trigger body. Had it apart and messed about with it but nothing seems untoward. Cheers to anyone that can help, don't really fancy buying another one but I'm getting a bit fed up of using the quick fire now it's just not the same

My torch at the moment does it just randomly started one day. I've used all my knowledge being a gas safe engineer and taped it up with electrical tape!!!

Its a pressure relief point for when initially attaching newer bottles as there is a chance of higher pressure.

Spoke with Rothy about this before and they basically said that the torch is FUBAR and their service kit wont repair it.

Jon

i had same thing happen with my super2 fire & its the gas bottle i changed to another bottle and normal service was resumed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Super Fire 2 faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Superfire 2 is now leaking gas from the pressure relief hole ( just below the trigger). It is 14 months old and looks like new. The previous one did exactly the same but i think I got about 3 years out of it. I spoke to Rothenberger . They tell me they wont warranty their torches if you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
    • Creative
Hi I'm after some help with a Worcester 28si 2 the other night all stopped working ch and dhw just flashing but every time I would reset it keep flashing. Any way cut long story short the pump was not spinning and the drayton room thermostat was constantly asking for heat strange all went...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone first post on here as I couldn't find an answer anywhere! I recently had all my tools stolen from our works site boxes anyway long story short I lost everything including my old soldering torch which I bought abt 4-5 years ago , also a rothernberger super fire 2, after using it...
Replies
Views
B
Had to buy another torch due to thread going where the bottle screws in. I have noticed the bottles have less thread on them now and only engage in the last 2 or3 threads. I bought a bottle from todays tools and that has more thread engaging with at least 5 threads. I think this could be why the...
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock