Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger RP50 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone had any experience with one of these?
I now have one where after only a couple of pumps it locks up and won't pump anymore.
Any ideas as to why?

admittedly i dont own the rp50 but i too have issues with the rp30 version. Mine seemingly seized? although a bit of brute force and the a good old kick did the trick. Must admit im not overly impressed with the quality for the money?

Last edited:
The RP50 is a good piece of kit. I have a couple of RP30's, not a patch on the RP50 though. Spare parts are easily available at a decent price but this locking up business has me stuck.

have you stripped it ? might be a split o ring catching

I haven't removed the plunger but I have taken everything else to bits. Split o ring around the plunger perhaps? Could this cause it to lock up? Got other rp50's where the o ring around the plunger leaks to buggery but still pumps perfectly.

I haven't removed the plunger but I have taken everything else to bits. Split o ring around the plunger perhaps? Could this cause it to lock up? Got other rp50's where the o ring around the plunger leaks to buggery but still pumps perfectly.

maybe and if the tolerances are that tight it doesnt need much

Its bewildering that a metalic box with a little leaver hand pump and a pressure gauge costs 250 quid. Surely it they can manufacture it for about a tenner

Mine locked up a few yrs back and seem to remember a non return type valve with a ball bearing in it being faulty
But can't be sure if I repaired it or replaced it

Could be a sprung loaded ball in the nrv where the spring is damaged. ?

Mine locked up a few yrs back and seem to remember a non return type valve with a ball bearing in it being faulty
But can't be sure if I repaired it or replaced it

There is an aspirator at the base of the plunger which has a plastic ball in it. I replaced this with another (from another pump that worked) but no joy.

Last edited:
Its bewildering that a metalic box with a little leaver hand pump and a pressure gauge costs 250 quid. Surely it they can manufacture it for about a tenner

You can get rp50's for £80 without the rothy branding on and rp30's for about £50 if i remember rightly.
Let me know if you want to know where from.

You can get rp50's for £80 without the rothy branding on and rp30's for about £50 if i remember rightly.
Let me know if you want to know where from.

Seen these on e-bay. Chinese I think?

I have one sitting in the garage, only used it once to prove a point. I`ll find it tomorrow and take a photo, yours dirt cheap if you want it.

Seen these on e-bay. Chinese I think?

I got mine from aim tools in slough last year for £80, just checked, there £96 now but I think you can still get them on ebay for £80.

They are Chinese yes, but as far as I can remember as I havnt used a rothy branded one in a few years its identical, so I presume its the same as the rothhenberger one as I know rothenberger don't actually manufacture anything, just rebrand.

I had a toolstation one the small rothenberger copy. It took about half an hour to fill 4 cast iron rads during which several bolts came loose lol. Promtly returned to toolstation.

I had a toolstation one the small rothenberger copy. It took about half an hour to fill 4 cast iron rads during which several bolts came loose lol. Promtly returned to toolstation.
Haha, doesn't sound too good :0

Isn't there a filter at the inlet of the tube that takes water from the tank?

I had problems with mine and just removed the filter - with the intention to replace.
Never replaced it though - still works fine.

See [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/testing-equipment/plumbing-testing/tt40-pressure-testing-pump.html"]this link[/DLMURL] for a similar product at £69.99+vat

Tests up to 40 bar and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger RP50 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock