Search the forum,

Discuss rothenberger or hilmor bender? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mate bent the legs on a rothenburger, 'nuff said!
irwin hilmor for me......

KJ

I remember a post on Hilmor benders a few months back. The poster was getting rippling in the pipe, well guess what........

My merchants sold me some imported copper which rippled when I put bends in. Took a length of Yorkshire Tube to bend straight afterwards and no ripples!

Hello fellas
I'm in the process of trying to get a Hilmor CM42 over to the states. Then I noticed a Hilmor ratcheting bender that would go to 54mm ! I'm totally stoked. Do any of you guys know where I could get my hands on one of these ?

id see what a search engine turns up, if your in the states you probably have easy access to ridgid stuff as well which is more suited to commercial sized stuff, its harder to aquire over here but the quality is better than hilmor as well.

i got a fault hilmor bender, went to use it and the pipe and guide didnt fit, seemed the former and the wheel were a couple of mil closer than usual :p took it back to B&Q and got it replaced new one works fine though

The biggest Ridgid goes to over here is 22mm. My searches yield "hire" businesses.

had my rothenburgers since i started as an apprentice, over 30 years ive been an apprentice and theyre still going strong

Rothernberger are overpriced i paid 40 for my bender never use it taking up space the slides are too tight and there awkward to use, hilmor everytime, makes me laugh when i go into a plumbase and see all the overpriced rothen rubbish on display. Huge profite in resale i guess..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't about to buy roll of soft tube for a 20' piece, bent a stick for a service. :D

Attachments

• bent service .jpg
    bent service .jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 59
Rothernberger are overpriced i paid 40 for my bender never use it taking up space the slides are too tight and there awkward to use, hilmor everytime, makes me laugh when i go into a plumbase and see all the overpriced rothen rubbish on display. Huge profite in resale i guess..

hilmour for me .

Wasn't about to buy roll of soft tube for a 20' piece, bent a stick for a service. :D
nice picture and nice bend, dont think you used the spring for that! with regards to your search for a bender have you tried lowes or home depot? might struggle for a large machine there, i got a snap-on mini bender that bends 6-8 and 10mm pipe nice machine though quite pricey as youd expect from SO.

Rothenberger for me currently. Hilmoor previously. I get on with both of them and would buy either again.

nice picture and nice bend, dont think you used the spring for that! with regards to your search for a bender have you tried lowes or home depot? might struggle for a large machine there, i got a snap-on mini bender that bends 6-8 and 10mm pipe nice machine though quite pricey as youd expect from SO.

Hey Adam84
Thanks. No spring on that one.(I don't even want to try) I found a Ridgid 22mm ratcheting on E-Bay that I use when ever and where ever I can. Lowes and Home Depot have springs and lever benders in smaller tube sizes. Still looking though.

Got an Hilmor Standing bender for sale if anyone's interested...? Manchester

Record, had mine for 15 years, just change the guides every so often. (Have a Hilmore set too).

Had some imported copper pipe from a plumbers merchants this week. Rubbish stuff, Kept rippling and distorting when I bent it.

all pipe work is the same here all rippling , I have worked my way round it ......just preheat pipe for a bit

i like Rothenberger especialy their pipe slices and i have the 15/22 bender and the microbore 6/8/10m bender never had problems with anything from them!

ive got a really awful crow's foot from rothenberger, think i'm going to have to buy another one it doesnt even fit in some basins !!:mad:

that hapends to me when i borrowed a set of one of my mates dont know the manufacturer though i use a Monument crow foot just that day i didnt have that or my adustable one in box at time

I use a rothenberger pipe bender in the beging it felt a bit weard but as time goes on it seems as good as any other , just think back to the first time you used a pipe bender and how it felt you will get used to it the moreyou us it.

i got both.
rothenbergers in the shed
hilmors in the van
hope it helps

I just slung my rothenberger benders in the bin as they started rippling, so bought i lovely new set of hilmor ones. As ive just had a play with a length of tube doing some bends i would say the hilmor are much better quality. Its strange as most other rothenberger tools are good(ish) quality.

I find that the rippling effect helps dyhydrogen monoxide to do wheelies as it goes round the bend therefore less resitance as its not touching the pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh damn unguided i should of thought of that before i slung them in the bin. Better hope the bin men havent been yet so i can go retrieve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rothenberger or hilmor bender? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock