Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberg sperfire 2 not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening,

My superfire has stopped igniting, It has been intermittent and now wont spark, is there a quick fix or is it a replacement job? Its only 15 months old. I could use a match to light it!

If you ring up Rothenberger they will send you virtually a new kit

Pull the nozzle off and give everything a good clean. Had mine about 10 years and does tend to get cacked up with flux etc and a good fettle works wonders

Contacted rothenberger they have sorted it for me, I am glad I bought a decent torch as you get decent post sales support!

On one of mine I found that the spark gap in the nozzle had closed up for some reason so it was too close to the wall of the tube to make a decent spark. I took the nozzle off, moved the wire out a little, got a good spark, cleaned everything and reassembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberg sperfire 2 not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My Superfire 2 is now leaking gas from the pressure relief hole ( just below the trigger). It is 14 months old and looks like new. The previous one did exactly the same but i think I got about 3 years out of it. I spoke to Rothenberger . They tell me they wont warranty their torches if you...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock