Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Rothenberg sperfire 2 not igniting in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Eyespy999

Eyespy999 Plumber

Evening,

My superfire has stopped igniting, It has been intermittent and now wont spark, is there a quick fix or is it a replacement job? Its only 15 months old. I could use a match to light it!

2. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

New flint required?

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you ring up Rothenberger they will send you virtually a new kit

4. Eyespy999

Eyespy999 Plumber

Cheers guys I will get on it tomorrow

5. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Pull the nozzle off and give everything a good clean. Had mine about 10 years and does tend to get cacked up with flux etc and a good fettle works wonders

6. Eyespy999

Eyespy999 Plumber

Contacted rothenberger they have sorted it for me, I am glad I bought a decent torch as you get decent post sales support!

7. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

On one of mine I found that the spark gap in the nozzle had closed up for some reason so it was too close to the wall of the tube to make a decent spark. I took the nozzle off, moved the wire out a little, got a good spark, cleaned everything and reassembled.