Search the forum,

Discuss rising main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodders111

Hi all. Newbie here with a quick question.

I am just about to replace my old lead rising main with a new 25mm Mdpe one.

I plan to take this off the street straight into my attached garage, then up into to front box bedroom, along the landing, into the bathroom and then down into the kitchen.

After the stop tap, should I be using 15mm straight away or should I try to keep it at 22mm for as long as I can?

If you can go as far as you can with 22mm

Welcome Rodders111
Have you got your Water Regs ticket so you can self cert the new mains install ?
If not you should notify your Water Undertaker who will need to come & have a look, you will need to leave all the below ground pipework exposed until this time so they can inspect it.

MDPE (blue poly) can't be used above ground so you need to install a main stop valve followed by a drain off in the garage, as it comes out of the ground, it will also need to be sleeved as it enters & then insulated both below & above ground to the required standards.

As Shaun states if you want to maximise the available water flow then run the internal pipe in 22mm copper or plastic pressure pipe.

Last edited:
Hi chaps thanks for the replies. I appreciate your concern but I'm going through the correct channels regarding the new supply pipe. I have contacted the water board and they have given me permission to carry out the work.

After the job is done I know I have to get it signed off too.

I am only going to run the blue pipe to the garage and run copper pipe after the stop tap and drain off valve. I was automatically just going to use 15mm but then I realised I could use 22mm before bringing the 15mm into play.

I though that would be a good idea because it will keep my flow rate higher for longer. I just wanted to know if this was ok to do?

Hi chaps thanks for the replies. I appreciate your concern but I'm going through the correct channels regarding the new supply pipe. I have contacted the water board and they have given me permission to carry out the work.

After the job is done I know I have to get it signed off too.

I am only going to run the blue pipe to the garage and run copper pipe after the stop tap and drain off valve. I was automatically just going to use 15mm but then I realised I could use 22mm before bringing the 15mm into play.

I though that would be a good idea because it will keep my flow rate higher for longer. I just wanted to know if this was ok to do?

yes by all means run 22mm as far as you can

Thanks for the advice. I've got a clear mind now of what I've got to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rising main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock