Search the forum,

Discuss Rinnai Infinity 16i gas water heater - no boiler fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just purchased a Rinnai Infinity 16i gas water heater from Mr. Central Heating. Boiler and flue arrived but fittings are missing. Its got 3 x 1/2 BSP brass male connectors coming out of boiler. What's needed and where do I get it from? Gas installer advised that these should have come with the appliance. Various plumbing merchants all stating the same.
thank you .

Try Mr Central Heating, but it shouildn't be hard for an experienced installer to overcome the issue.

Have you thoroughly checked the box and packaging?
Most manufacturers weigh packed items before dispatch as a final check.

They never come with copper fittings

thanks guys, they openly state that fittings are not supplied. Its the first time I've come across this issue, every other appliance has always had fittings with it, which funny enough is what the plumbers merchants are telling me. Problem for me is that as far as I know I need 1/2 union fittings which nobody seems to be selling. Can't just fit a 1/2 female to 15mm compression as far as I'm aware???

Hi Zee, Do not worry about the fittings needed. They are standard 1/2" fittings that any gas engineer will have plenty of in their van, Some multipoints may need 3/4" on the gas depending on gas rate. And The engineer will put in a full flow isolation on the cold inlet as well. They do not come supplied with these fittings.

FYI you can't install or pipe up a gas appliance unless your gas safe

Hi Zee, Do not worry about the fittings needed. They are standard 1/2" fittings that any engineer will have plenty of in their van, Some multipoints may need 3/4" on the gas depending on gas rate. And The engineer will put in a full flow isolation on the cold inlet as well. They do not come supplied with these fittings.
thanks very much, what do you mean by standard? Just a 'bog standard' 1/2" female to 15mm compression or solder. Rinnai state they want to see a union connection between boiler and pipes for warranty. My gas guy is very relaxed but I want to make sure it all complies.

thanks very much, what do you mean by standard? Just a 'bog standard' 1/2" female to 15mm compression or solder. Rinnai state they want to see a union connection between boiler and pipes for warranty. My gas guy is very relaxed but I want to make sure it all complies.

Sorry Zee that is as far as I will go unless you are Gas Safe Registered. Your engineer will have the right fittings for it on their van.

Sorry Zee that is as far as I will go unless you are Gas Safe Registered. Your engineer will have the right fittings for it on their van.
no worries, I'll check with him again, last time he came to install he didn't have the correct fittings and a lot of swearing was the result, told me to get the correct fittings for the appliance as they should have been supplied.

I can't understand why he did not have the correct fittings in stock on his van....it's standard stock we all have in the van. Did you ask to see his Gas Safe I'D badge? And if a simple thing like basic fittings has stopped the job then I suggest employing another GSR engineer, he obviously is not geared up to do his job properly. Try posting in the find a plumber section there may be one of us guys near you who could help you out. Good luck mate.

I can't understand why he did not have the correct fittings in stock on his van....it's standard stock we all have in the van. Did you ask to see his Gas Safe I'D badge? And if a simple thing like basic fittings has stopped the job then I suggest employing another GSR engineer, he obviously is not geared up to do his job properly. Try posting in the find a plumber section there may be one of us guys near you who could help you out. Good luck mate.
thank you very much; I'll probably do that. We have a ton of work; all simple stuff. Mainly just capping so my builders can get in and to be fair my regular guy has not let me down before but always good shopping around I guess. Just get complacent when you use the same bloke for years. Thanks for your help.

no worries, I'll check with him again, last time he came to install he didn't have the correct fittings and a lot of swearing was the result, told me to get the correct fittings for the appliance as they should have been supplied.

He's let you down at least once in the past.

double checked with 2 independent gas registered chaps and both confirmed that fittings should have been supplied with appliance and would have to be bought in. Not something that is carried in the back of a van just in case its ever needed. Every plumbers merchant in Leeds is stating exactly the same. Can't believe they are all lying. From personal experience I have never seen an appliance supplied without fittings. Anyway, my advice - don't buy Rinnai unless you want a lot of hassle.

im sorry but there talking out there bum, ive fitted two and they dont come with fittings (its such a common fitting)

and if they dont have them in the back of there van there not gas fitters

cookers dont come with gas flexis

im sorry but there talking out there bum, ive fitted two and they dont come with fittings (its such a common fitting)

and if they dont have them in the back of there van there not gas fitters

cookers dont come with gas flexis
well, all I can say is that my regular gas chap has been registered for 30 years and fitted about a million boilers etc. etc. - why would every other boiler come with fittings but not Rinnai? That is a bit odd innit? If I had known, what a pain it would be I wouldn't have bothered and stuck to regular brands. Anyway, I do appreciate your time to reply/help. thank you

well, all I can say is that my regular gas chap has been registered for 30 years and fitted about a million boilers etc. etc. - why would every other boiler come with fittings but not Rinnai? That is a bit odd innit? If I had known, what a pain it would be I wouldn't have bothered and stuck to regular brands. Anyway, I do appreciate your time to reply/help. thank you

nope quite common, also its not a boiler

its a multi point water heater

other than main (brand) there not that many brands that do water heaters

these cannot be used for heating (just a thought)

Over the years I reckon I have installed at least 500 Rinnai hot water services.
From the 16, 26 & 32.

Never once have I had fittings supplied with the unit.

Do you expect Rinnai to supply the gas valve, water inlet valve and the FI connection for the hot water outlet?
You can buy valve kits for them anyway

Do-Not come with any fittings, and take note of flue length, if above 1.5 Mts you will have to fit a condense collector in the flue, did you get the extra control panel with it ??

ok, just to shed some light on this story now. All installed now (working fine) and according to Rinnai UK the union fittings that are a "MUST" in the installation manual and that in my mind should really be supplied with the appliance are according to their technical department not necessary after all so in other words a very basic 1/2 bsp female iron connector to 15mm compression is sufficient to connect both gas and hot/cold water to the appliance. (this is what some of you were alluding to) Personally I think that this method is a bit 'cobbled' together and defeats the object but hey if the gas man is happy with it and Rinnai too then who am I to complain. Water Heater (not Boiler, I stand corrected) works fine supplying two showers at about 9ltr./min simultaneously. Interesting alternative to a combi boiler or unvented system. (I did not want either) I run the heating on a separate boiler on a vented system. thanks for all your help and advise.

Do-Not come with any fittings, and take note of flue length, if above 1.5 Mts you will have to fit a condense collector in the flue, did you get the extra control panel with it ??
thank you/ did not get an extra control panel for it. Worth buying? Heater is situated in Garage with no access to other than main garage door. I might have answered my own question!?

thank you/ did not get an extra control panel for it. Worth buying? Heater is situated in Garage with no access to other than main garage door. I might have answered my own question!?
Flue is only 400mm straight through wall, pain in the rear to fit though for various reasons.

Flue is only 400mm straight through wall, pain in the rear to fit though for various reasons.

This is starting to sound like you installed it yourself

guess you have good luck in not blowing up your house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rinnai Infinity 16i gas water heater - no boiler fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock