Search the forum,

Discuss Riello pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Anybody had or know of new or old pumps having problems with new oil from suppliers i.e. Seizing up etc?
cheers

Not heard of much trouble with Riellos lately.
Got to check the oil filter on oil line isn't nearly blocked to cause oil pump to seize.
Any sign of water inside pump?
I did see one job many years ago where the kerosine delivery contained a lot of water

get a gauge on and see if the pump is pulsing, then check for air in the oil supply.

Read some place that suppliers were adding certain amounts of bio fuel which were playing a bit of havoc with some!

Reducing Sulphur content also reduced the lubricating properties of the oil. I've had a few were seal on pump fails, throws oil into motor, softens coating on windings, motor fails, mess made by leaking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock