Discuss riello coil voltage? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg1

I have a Riello RDB burner. This keeps tripping out and no oil is being directed to the nozzle. The motor is running, coupling intact, pump running, oil in the tank and I have changed the coil (resistance 100 ohms). The coil is getting a voltage of 27VDC but when i take the outlet pipe off the pump, no oil comes out. Is 27VDC enough to open the solenoid valve? Is there a problem with the control unit? Should it be giving 30VDC?

How long does it take to lock out? (Solenoid coil is fine with those figures!)

Is it the photocell? Connect multimeter to terminals 1 and 2 in control box (set to ohms) - in light should be -500 ohms to 20K ohms. In dark should be >500K ohms.

The coil is energised and after a few seconds it locks out. The photocell is working as if I take it out and into the light the burner does not lock out. The poroblem is that no oil is getting to the nozzle. Not a drop is coming out of the pump. It is a new pump and coil fitted.

The coil is energised and after a few seconds it locks out. The photocell is working as if I take it out and into the light the burner does not lock out. The poroblem is that no oil is getting to the nozzle. Not a drop is coming out of the pump. It is a new pump and coil fitted.

Presumably the oil is coming out of the flexible oil line?

the oil is getting to the pump. When you unscrew the port for pressure gauge the oil floods out.

Also no kbb but a fuse link. The oil supply is not the problem but something else stopping it getting no nozzle

Thats what I thought. I have a brand new pump and coil fitted but still not working. Very occassionly it will work as normal but generally no there is no oil coming from the pump even when it is running and the coil is energised.

Thought myself but I have a new oil pimp and coil fitted. The problem is intermittent as on a rare occassion the burner works as normal.

single or 2 pipe system? if it's a 2 pipe, have you put in the bypass screw? and if it's a single pipe make sure you've taken the bugger out!

Double check your flexi hose and make sure it's going in the right orifice on the pump, and don't forget that nozzle filters can clog up too!

And you're dead right...... now't worse than an oily pimp!

New nozzle fitted (but oil does not get this far anyway). Flexi hose in correct port and internal filter clean.

Yes changed pump and plastic drive.

Everything still pointed to pump or internal valve. I eventually bit the bullet and bought another new pump!!! Problem solved but not impressed. Thanks for all the help!!

Was called to replace a KBB valve last week on a fairly new installation. It kept tripping the boiler when warm, at about 35 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to riello coil voltage? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back