Search the forum,

Discuss Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve1

One of the pump connections, ( the valve stem with the coil on ), has started to weep a little oil recently, is there a seal kit I can buy for the pump so as I can replace the o ring, and all the other seals. Etc.
pump part no 3008654 ( according to the boiler manual ). Probably been superseded by now.
thanx..

You can get a new pump stem which comes with o ring 3007871 and oring for main cover3007162.

I've noticed that these can be purchased, but what I really want is a complete set of seals etc so as I can replace all the seals around the pump area.

waste of time as they always leak again in short shrift

If the Riello oil pump has a few years on it, forget it & replace it. Usually well worn after about 8 years or less. If you are in the trade, £100 is a rip off for new pump. I could supply & fit one for that! Lol!

If the Riello oil pump has a few years on it, forget it & replace it. Usually well worn after about 8 years or less. If you are in the trade, £100 is a rip off for new pump. I could supply & fit one for that! Lol!
So how much for a new pump then for a fellow forum member,

Well for a domestic riello 40 g3B in Ireland your looking at €200 plus vat. Don't kno prices there

100 for a pump. Then you are not in the trade. How are you going to set it up?

You need the new oil pump to be fitted well & then set to a correct pressure for to suit the boiler actual output as well as the required house needs. The only way to do this properly & safely is with a decent engineer who has an oil pump pressure gauge & an analyser & a lot of experience. Prices vary, but it shouldn't cost (to get a basic pump replacement & test) much more than you are buying the oil pump for.

The part no from the boiler manual is, 3008654, but I think that's been superseded.

You need the new oil pump to be fitted well & then set to a correct pressure for to suit the boiler actual output as well as the required house needs. The only way to do this properly & safely is with a decent engineer who has an oil pump pressure gauge & an analyser & a lot of experience. Prices vary, but it shouldn't cost (to get a basic pump replacement & test) much more than you are buying the oil pump for.

we do have our boiler serviced, but to pay his companies prices would be even worse, he's ok with me getting parts myself, he'll then fit and set them up.
so, best prices please gents.

Leave it to your oily to supply it. He'll get a better price than you ever will plus the guarantee of it being correct.

Leave it to your oily to supply it. He'll get a better price than you ever will plus the guarantee of it being correct.

He might get it at a better price, but by the time the mark up goes on, it's not going to be cheap.
as for getting the right part, I've got the part no. Should be able to get it from that.
thanx for all the suggestions, I'll source a pump and get him to fit and set up.

Bit odd that the company lets you get the parts. Surely when it would be quicker for the company just to supply & fit the part when they are repairing the boiler. Sure, it does happen occasionally when a customer buys a part themselves & asks for it to be fitted, but generally speaking they pay more for the part. The company should be able to better your price for the oil pump, even allowing them a mark up.

Bit odd that the company lets you get the parts. Surely when it would be quicker for the company just to supply & fit the part when they are repairing the boiler. Sure, it does happen occasionally when a customer buys a part themselves & asks for it to be fitted, but generally speaking they pay more for the part. The company should be able to better your price for the oil pump, even allowing them a mark up.

I already know the price of the oil pump from the company that does the servicing, trust me, it's more than I can source one for.
i don't mind paying for products as long as the cost is reasonable, ( everyone has to make a living ), but factor in labour charges, ( which are already inflated ), and it starts to become costly.

Just admit, your fitting it yourself.!

Hope you save enough to buy a flue gas analyser, so it can be set up without killing your family.

Say`s so you can do it yourself!

Somebody close this thread.

Just admit, your fitting it yourself.!

Hope you save enough to buy a flue gas analyser, so it can be set up without killing your family.

I haven't got a problem with fitting it myself, it's not a difficult job, but for safety reasons I wouldn't do it.
I'll leave it at that for now, thread seems to be going a bit off course.

It can be an easy job to replace the pump, particularily if you have replaced loads of them before.
But you usually also need to replace the oil hose(s), as they leak if touched.
Then you need to set the oil pump pressure using a pressure gauge to whatever the burner is set up for your particular home.
Then you need to use an analyser to set the combustion.
Then check that all joints dry.
You could just bung a new oil pump in & maybe you get lucky & the boiler works okay, but I bet the air setting & oil pressure mix is wrong & you will, perhaps unknowingly, be using too much oil. Or at worst you will create a danger with fumes.
Should be at least £60 for an engineer to do it.

I can post one for £180 inc postage :)
But seriously, if you are doing this yourself, just replace the stem to fix the leak, that you can do without setting combustion etc. But for the pump, call another engineer and ask how much a fuel pump would be, then you can challenge price and get a pro to fit.
Do not replace the pump yourself because saving £30 is not worth it.

here we go here we go here we gooooooooooo. labour charges already inflated!, its more than I can source one for! I dont mind if cost are reasonable (but I still dont want to pay those either). All in all you hate paying someone to repair something you know nothing about but feel it all costs too much and we must be ripping you off adding 20% and ffs labour at £70 an hour, how can you possibly justify that lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.................................you try running a oil servicing repair business, then you would have a reasonable right to comment but you pop on here asking for free advice and at the same time accuse the tradesman of being overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id charge £150 plus vat to supply and fit a Riello pump. If anyone wanted to supply the item themselves I wouldnt touch the job. This is not because I want the mark up, its because I want to be responsible for my work from parts to labour.

This reminds me of a replacement Riello oil pump job I was asked to do by a customer for his brother.
When I immediately rang his brothers home & told them I would come & sort it, the mans wife said, no, we don't want you to fit it, we just want you to supply the oil pump! Then she asked what the Riello pump price was. When I told her, she said they would give me less (a rounded up figure of actually about over £3 less than what it cost me)! Then it got worse, the husband came on and told me to deliver it to their house, which is at least 5 miles away. He told me I would know the house because of the 3 cars outside it, Audi, etc.

This reminds me of a replacement Riello oil pump job I was asked to do by a customer for his brother.
When I immediately rang his brothers home & told them I would come & sort it, the mans wife said, no, we don't want you to fit it, we just want you to supply the oil pump! Then she asked what the Riello pump price was. When I told her, she said they would give me less (a rounded up figure of actually about over £3 less than what it cost me)! Then it got worse, the husband came on and told me to deliver it to their house, which is at least 5 miles away. He told me I would know the house because of the 3 cars outside it, Audi, etc.

What point did you hang up on them?

What point did you hang up on them?

His brother lives near me & is very decent, so I dropped a new Riello pump into him & got a couple of pounds more than it cost me. The people promised that they would get me out sometime in the future to service & set the burner up. That must be a year or two now & I am still waiting. Miserable people. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock