Search the forum,

Discuss RHI & Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What's all this about the RHI and Solar Thermal. I undrstood that the benefit for ST was that you paid less to heat your water/UFH. Not that the government gave paid you money as per the info here: [DLMURL="http://www.rhincentive.co.uk/eligible/energies/"]Eligible energy sources | RH Incentive[/DLMURL]

Confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll probably have to wait for Eaton to come on or Unguided1 to come back.

RHI is already in place for commercial but it has been delayed for the domestic. Basically it is similar to the solar P.V feed in tariff. Designed to be an incentive to fit renewable technologies. To qualify your panels need to be fitted by an MCS accredited company and no doubt there will be some requirements, possibly a heat meter installed to measure the amount of heat produced but as of yet I don't think it is confirmed, neither are the rates you will get per kWh which is why it is no easier to sell (along with all the other technologies)

It was supposed to be released along side the green deal this autumn, but it's looking like it will be summer 2013 at the earliest now because DECC are a bunch of ballcocks.

Greenist government ever my arse. The sooner we get these conservative cockends out the seat the better, out to privatise and line the pockets of the rich as usual.

For the commercial and domestic RHI (if it ever happens!) we have glycol tolerant heat meters in stock now available for next day delivery. If you are interested please see [DLMURL="http://www.logicalenergy.co.uk/index.cfm/rhi-heat-meters-172"]RHI Heat Meters[/DLMURL] and contact us for pricing. We also have a complete range of solar thermal ancillaries along with U pipe and HP evacuated tubes and flat plate solar collectors. Good luck with your business :)

Saw a price list for these and thought they are a bit pricey! (starting off at about £6000)

Agreed, we can do them for under €5,000.00, that is a big difference when currency exchange between sterling and euro is taken into account.

I don't sell in the UK so I'm not a competitor of the company mentioned, and we do point out that the system will call on the immersion back up using 1250 watts.

If everyone used the controllers on wet solar the same way it would be possible to claim the system provides hot water 24/7

Solar thermal is getting a proposed 18p per kw, who ever got that put through needs a medal, standard 3 bed house with 20 tubes should get £150-200 a year in cash.

Looking into thermodynamic a lot at minute, lad I know had a visit to place recently and said 50c was achieved on really crappy day. Found out place is only 5 miles away too, looking into fgas in jan when it hopefully gets quieter ( not too quiet though). If thermodynamics can be brought at reasonable price it looks a no brainer, small panel, fitted normally or hung on wall!!! Only downsize is fgas and cylinders have compressor on so no doubt a bit larger than normal, can see a lot of loft installs, not that that's a bad thing. Get it all out the way.

hoping to find out more in company soon as would be nice as so close, think they're tied in with Energie, I've seen a lot on you tube by them.

Other issue is I'm not sure where it will come on rhi. Is it heat pump or thermal? It's an unglazed unit too, also wondering if well need separate mcs cert, got my audit in November so will ask assessor then

RHI is already in place for commercial but it has been delayed for the domestic. Basically it is similar to the solar P.V feed in tariff. Designed to be an incentive to fit renewable technologies. To qualify your panels need to be fitted by an MCS accredited company and no doubt there will be some requirements, possibly a heat meter installed to measure the amount of heat produced but as of yet I don't think it is confirmed, neither are the rates you will get per kWh which is why it is no easier to sell (along with all the other technologies)

It was supposed to be released along side the green deal this autumn, but it's looking like it will be summer 2013 at the earliest now because DECC are a bunch of ballcocks.

thermal will be deemed, ashp will be metered unless tied in with gas/oil then deemed at lower rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RHI & Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock