Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Rf signal booster help in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Thoggy

Thoggy Plumber GSR

hi all
    I have fitted a centre brand wireless rf programmable thermostat to a boiler in a large house, boiler sited in the cellar and programmer upstairs.
    Customer has complained of not being able to control heating, when he goes down in the cellar the light is red on the little box,does anyone know of a way I can boost the signal through the thick walls as I'm sure this is the only reason it isn't picking up the signal, have tried different rf stats to see if that was faulty but no joy.
    Thanks for any help

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Wired stat that's it sorry to say

3. SavageW

SavageW Plumber GSR

I know hive do booster plugs so that you can overcome these problems but depends if customer is interested in that side of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. robj20

robj20 Member

Can you not site the control box further towards the center of the house, or does it have to be next to the boiler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

If practical, try running a cheap wire (e.g. bell wire) from near the transmitter to the receiver. Don't make contact at any point, but form a flat coil of the wire and mount it under the receiver box. I've done it for RF stats where transmitter in large house and receiver in detached garage some distance away and it works.

6. Thoggy

Thoggy Plumber GSR

Thanks for all replies