Search the forum,

Discuss Rf signal booster help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all
I have fitted a centre brand wireless rf programmable thermostat to a boiler in a large house, boiler sited in the cellar and programmer upstairs.
Customer has complained of not being able to control heating, when he goes down in the cellar the light is red on the little box,does anyone know of a way I can boost the signal through the thick walls as I'm sure this is the only reason it isn't picking up the signal, have tried different rf stats to see if that was faulty but no joy.
Thanks for any help

Wired stat that's it sorry to say

I know hive do booster plugs so that you can overcome these problems but depends if customer is interested in that side of it.

Can you not site the control box further towards the center of the house, or does it have to be next to the boiler.

If practical, try running a cheap wire (e.g. bell wire) from near the transmitter to the receiver. Don't make contact at any point, but form a flat coil of the wire and mount it under the receiver box. I've done it for RF stats where transmitter in large house and receiver in detached garage some distance away and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rf signal booster help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock