Search the forum,

Discuss Retrofit UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Ive got a question reg underfloor heating. Im renovating my place and want to put a low profile retofit system down, the ones Ive seem claim to give a heat output of 100w/m2. The room Im siting it in needs around 3100w to heat it, the 20m2 floor area I have will then only give out 2000w. Is it normal to require additional heating when using UFH? Also, the existing floor slab is old and is very unlikely to have any insulation in it, is it therefore a bit pointless?

Thanks for any advice, I don’t want to go spending £££’s on this any finding it a waste of money!

Cheers

Martin

Breaking out 20m2 of old concrete floor no great problem and replacement:- 4 tonne ballast,0.8 tonne cement is doable with the missus on the mixer and you on the barrow, so as not to damage UFH pipes. Result insulated floor, proper DPM and comfort of UFH without back up for all but the coldest of days. Add floor to ceiling drapes on windows and you will remain toasty. Maybe not something you do for client but your own home is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Retrofit UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Two loop UFH system heating 24M2 with lots of glass. Loop lenghts 90M each X 16MM OD piping UFH output 9.52kw. flow/return 55C/34C, dT 21C fowrates, 3.0LPM & 3.5LPM = 6.5LPM total Boiler Vaillant Ecotec plus 438. flow/return 65C/59C due to high recirc rate required to get the boiler away at...
Replies
Views
As part of deep house renovation, planning to install wet ufh on the ground floor, and radiators on upper floor. Two bathrooms will have both water based towel warmers and electric ufh, and need dual thermostat to separately control air temp (by running towel warmer) and floor temp. Need...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock