Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Retro fit overlay panels in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ajr183

ajr183 New Member

Can anyone recommend any?

I'm after insulated panels that can have flooring either applied directly on top or with backer board or similar.

I'm doing an extension for a customer and they want to retro fit uf to the room the extension is being built off.

Or are they all pretty much the same?

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Depends on existing floor construction.
    If it's timber, I would use Nu heat "Lo pro". Not cheap, but gives out the best output of all overlay systems.

3. ajr183

ajr183 New Member

Solid floor mid 70's construction

4. Uheat – Wojtek

Uheat – Wojtek Sponsor

Hi ajr183,

What floor finish are they going to have?

We can offer either EPS250 polystyrene which can take engineered wood or laminate directly on top or heavy gypsum Fermacell board which can take tiles direclty on top.

Both systems are 18mm thick in total.

Polystyrene boards are cheaper but the performance of the heavy boards is much better (you have got whole boards which heats up rather than thin aluminium foil on top of polystyrene boards.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to prepare the quote for you.

Many thanks,

Wojtek

• Like Like x 1