Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing new bathroom advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 84970

Hello,We installed a new bathroom around 9 years ago and used the speedfit push fittings.

Now replacing it again with a new suite that is going in exactly the same position.

Never had any problems with any of the fittings leaking so could :

1. use the same fittings

2. Just replace the inserts/washers

Or should i just replace with new ones

ta, k

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wasn't it done properly in copper the first time? certainly don't mess around replacing all the seals, either leave or replace everything.

Why wasn't it done properly in copper the first time? certainly don't mess around replacing all the seals, either leave or replace everything.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for replying

Is there problems using PEX barrier pipe as a plumbers ive spoken to also seem to now favour this over copper pipe?

Im a diyer and have no solder experience.

K

if you can and want to keep as you are replace the fitting that your taking off/ changing

Its one thing to use it under the floor downstairs but in bathrooms failures are costly as everything is normally tiled over.
Plumbers only like it as its quick to use, everything else about it is rubbish.

am a copper man but if you wish to us plastic and push fit,do not reuse old fittings and do not place fittings under the floor...loop plastic from bath to basin and then wc,using fittings under bath and basin...and use ball-a-fix valves with handle,so can be isolated easily and quickly by anyone if need be..hope refit goes well..

Cheers guys for your input. Thats the reason i love browsing these forums so that i get loads of different opinions and advice from professionals.

All of the fittings will be accessible and will be fitting isolation valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing new bathroom advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock