Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing cloakroom toilet suite - help with fittings needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I'm replacing an old toilet cloakroom suite with new vanity basin unit and vanity toilet unit. Current fittings date back to early 1980s.

As a DIYer I'm thinking I should replace the isolating valve for the toilet inlet with a straight coupler and place a new isolating valve further up so I have decent access in future. (Photo attached).

1. Do you guys think this is the right thing to do?
2. What valves and pipes would people suggest? I.e. copper or plastic / push fit or compression?
3. Do I need to replace the swan neck pan connector?

Thanks
Craig

20170830_112207.jpg

Hi Craig,

1. Yes it would certainly be beneficial in the future to cut out that old iso and locate a new one higher up the pipe.

2, We prefer to use copper and solder fittings, but if you are a not that experienced or confident then use the push fit fittings like speed fit for ease. you will need a 15mm straight coupler to connect to the existing pipe under the floor, A 15 mm chrome compression ball a fix (iso valve) and a 1/2"-15mm tap connector to fit the new toilet inlet valve also 1 meter of 15mm plastic pipe. Make sure you use reinforcing pipe inserts on the pipes at all the fitting joints. And take out that old rusty nail and use a hinged plastic 15mm pipe clip screwed to the joist to support the pipe.

3, Definitely replace the swan neck pan connector. never re-use an old one. You will regret it.

Agree 100% with Darren , couldnt have put it better myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing cloakroom toilet suite - help with fittings needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock