Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing cistern water inlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymie Clifford

Hi All,

I'm after some advice. My toilet innards broke and I had a slight leak on the water inlet, between the copper water pipe and the inlet valve. I have a replacement set, and have replaced the innards, but it is still leaking. I suspect it is down to the seal inside the top of the copper pipe, it looks knackered.

My question is, is there a kind of flexible pipe I can get to replace the section pictured below? I don't fancy having to buy all the kit to replace 20cm of copper pipe, if I could just get a flexible piece and do up two bolts.

1411v85.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/1411v85.jpg

In the picture the left hand side goes to the water inlet valve in the cistern (with the knackered seal inside), and the right to the isolation ball valve. I'm not sure of the thread sizes but I assume they are standard. If such a thing exists where can I get it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Right, I have found a piece on screwfix, should of googled first!

But you guys can help me, what fitting do it need on each end? are they 1/2" threads?

What is a guide line on length to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing cistern water inlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
I have fitted this brass float valve to my toilet cistern. Obviously the inlet is the same level as the overflow pipe so it needs to be water tight. The inlet pipe is not flexible and enters the cistern at a slight angle to the side of the cistern, the washer I used is not squishy. The result...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock