Discuss Replacing a push button toilet siphon, Problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YoungPlumb

Hi guys, just replacing a dual flush push button siphon, as the seal on the previous one was knackered and it was only a single flush siphon, so i thought its cheap enough, replace the hole thing!

Ive fitted it with the following fluidmaster:

Fitted it fine no problem, but now its not seeming to flush propperly unless you keep you finger pushed down on the button, ive tried adjusting how much water is flushed, Max & Low. it does it on full flush and half flush! It attempts to flush and then just stops and the cistern fills back up.
Also it makes a clunking noise when it seals after a flush.
Any help would be much appreciated, i have a video of what happens which i can send you but it won't let me post links on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a push button toilet siphon, Problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
A
I have checked the seal of the flush valve unit having watch a number of youtube videos and its fine, but what the videos dont cover is, the water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock