Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a pumped shower to electric in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the procedure to disconnecting a pumped shower to a tank few electric shower.

Depends on what you mean by an electric shower. Assuming by pumped you mean there is a separate pump for the shower then new shower:

1. Could be mains fed and 8.5, 9.5, or 10.5 kW, in which case you need to cap off the existing hot and cold feeds as close to their respective cylinder / cistern, disconnect and remove the pump, then run a dedicated feed from the cold mains to the new shower.

2. Could be a power shower with hot and cold feeds and a pump inside the body of the shower. In this case you need to disconnect and remove the existing pump, and run the hot and cold feeds from the point of disconnection to the new shower. Assumes the old pump was properly installed in the first place. Should have isolating valves in both hot and cold feeds.

Too many variables and insufficient definition of the problem to provide a definitive answer.

Disconnected the hot and cold that was teed off the bath. There was already a tank fed electric shower going to another bathroom and it was in the other side of wall where this shower is going. The 2 showers have a cut off at the consumer unit so both can't be used at same time. I was in 2 minds to tee off the 1/2 inch pipe and connect to the new shower but decided to just connect to the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a pumped shower to electric in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of replacing an electric shower for a customer. I’ve come across some equipotential bonding within the shower and was just wondering why this is there? Can it be removed or does it have to stay? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out. Pressure is fine Lpm is fine Fitted loads like this before and never had a problem Any suggestions ?
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock