Search the forum,

Discuss replacing a B&Q outside tap kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

logger

just after a bit of advice, got called around to a mates house to see why the outside tap isnt working, its had a B&Q special fitted. and the stop valve aint letting water past. as im on leave for two weeks she want's me to help fix it. she's a good friend and said i will do it if she gets the parts. my dilema is im looking at getting back into plumbing when i get out of the Army later this year and like to do things right. so, im not willing to fit another self cutting tap kit. so im going to fit iso valve, check valve new tap ect. couple of questions. the hose goes through a 16mm hole do i need to drill out the hole to run a sleeve and seal both ends can i fit a tap that has a built in check valve ? only asking the last question as she bought a new tap with one fitted. not sure where i stand on this in terms of water regs ? hope someone can help shed some light on this for me ?

pyrubuma.jpg

I use this type of thing to go through the wall, I have to admit I fit these and wrap the copper tail in tape rather than inside another pipe sleeve as I have a 20mm drill bit
Always fit a check valve inside the property not the ones inside the tap as they don't comply with water regs

As per kirk but i sleave. Get a 25mm drill bit .
double check valve and isolater inside too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing a B&Q outside tap kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap. Anyone help?
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not helped with the two 10mm tails that must reduce even further. Hoping something is around that I can use 15mm full bore tails and isolating valves but all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock