Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a 15mm Compression valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Als dad

Hi I'm a new member looking for advice please, I am having to replace a 15mm isolation valve that has oliveson the one I am replacing, do I need to remove the old olives before fitting the new valve, and if so how should I do that without damaging the pipe, any help welcome.

As long as the existing olives haven't been tightened to buggery you should be fine.

Wrap a couple of turns of ptfe tape round the olives to ensure they don't leak.

If they do need changing then carefully use a junior hacksaw to cut through. A flat blade screwdriver can be used to open the olive up and slip it off.

If you are not removing the olives, then make sure the new valve pushes on until it hits each olive. A lot of those cheap slotted screw isolating valves have different distance in either end for pipe. The original olive might not pull closer if it had been tightened far too tight.

If you are not removing the olives, then make sure the new valve pushes on until it hits each olive. A lot of those cheap slotted screw isolating valves have different distance in either end for pipe. The original olive might not pull closer if it had been tightened far too tight.

Many thanks Best, appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for that! Could you thank Croppie as he is a very sensitive soul? :smile:

Don't want it now. Blokes marked his cards.

I'm going to edit all his future posts to infer that he enjoys getting intimate with goats.........

I'm going to edit all his future posts to infer that he enjoys getting intimate with goats.........

But not the ugly ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a 15mm Compression valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock