Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing 2 inch cast-iron heating sweep bend fitting( in subfloor ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P4fal

Hi guys
Does anybody know the best way to replace this sweep bend pipefitting it is approximately 50 to 60 mm across the diameter of the bear pipework , When measured, problem is this is cast-iron Central heating pipework buried below a sub floor in a rather large early 1900s house
The corroded bend appears to have a threded Coupling on either end, removing the existing bend is probably doable but replacing it with a new fitting looks a bit tricky, please have a look at the photographs let me know if you have any good suggestions ( heating is already drained down )
Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 37
Chase more of the floor and cut and thread further back and use a union one side but be warned it might be pined holed/ thin in places

Looks like 1 1/2 iron to me
If it were me, I'd cut out the bend and couplers and use 2 mechanical connectors and a new bend
I can't remember the name of the fittings, but they clamp around the pipe
Wouldn't want to put any more stress on the pipes by using a threader, as they may well leak elsewhere

Thanks for the replying Guys
We decided to remove the 2" iron sweep bend attach 2x 2 inch male iron to compression couplings and then make our own bend in 2 inch copper and attach ,( leaving the two existing 2 inch iron Copling is in place on the original pipework, just had to use a little bit of heat and gentle persuasion of the joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing 2 inch cast-iron heating sweep bend fitting( in subfloor ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock