Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Toilet Seat need for Ideal Standard Cabria WC Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After 20 years one our seats has cracked right through due to an in balance of the hinges. I can only find today replacement seats for £157 which is hundred pounds + too much today for me. Has anybody found an alternative seat that fits on the contour of the pan and has a lid that doesn't clash with the cistern.

Here's a link to the suite in question. https://goo.gl/qOJ723

I've tried a Screwfix Carrara and Matta Atlantic but just doesn't fit right. Seat too close to the cistern. The original seat is quite contoured if you look at the images.

Hoping somebody else has solve this one.

Thank for any help.

£187 for a replacement seat? :eek:mg_smile:
I'd take the old one off and spend a couple of hours driving round to find the closest match, or get another loo.
I could supply and fit a new loo for less than that price, how can they justify that? I suppose it's a case of supply and demand, if they know that only that seat fits they've hiked up the price, horrible tactics but very common nowadays.

From the blurb...............

Unique design of seat to fit the unusual design of pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Toilet Seat need for Ideal Standard Cabria WC Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi Looking for a toilet seat (D shaped) with the distance between hinges of 270mm. Width of seat is about 410mm and length 440mm Any suggestions would be welcome. The toilet unit is Ideal Standard and is over 20 years old. It is is great condition, but the toilet lid is broken as a builder...
Replies
Views
RajendraH
R
Hello, I have a customer that has a 39-year-old Ideal Standard toilet. They would like to replace the toilet seat. But the hinges are fixed on an angle not flat like on a standard toilet. I have attached some pictures. Has anyone replaced a toilet seat with a set up like this? Or have any...
Replies
Views
From what I have read online, the ideal standard toilet seat does not have a release button, i am supposed to just pull the seat off to access the fixing to tighten screw to stop wobbling seat. Is that correct? When i pull it nothing happens
Replies
Views
There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model, the seat mechanism so has two rusted hex screws attaching the seat that were a pain to get off which then needed some wd40 and heavy force to get the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Trying to replace identical seats in holiday let. Tried 3rd seat today, but still not right. If I can identify the toilet I might be able to identify the right seat ? . No markings anywhere apart from inside 6L tank (see photo) imprinted is 20-7-12-037 ..inside lid has blue letters too and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock