Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement of a homeywell three port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently changed a honeywell three port valve for a member of staff from where i work along with this fitted a new vented hot water cylinder. As her radiators upstairs were getting hot when the hot water was on. So thinking that the three port was stuck in the mid position i recommended changing it. Fitted the new cylinder exactly how the old one was piped up, Filled the system back up and tested all fine. Customer rings a day or two later saying that the same thing is happening? I'm abit stumped as to what is happening, and havent had the chance to reattend to diagnose what is happening. Any idea's as to what it could possibly be?

Callum

When the hotwater is on the heat is creeping down the common return and heating the radiators a easy fix would be to install a nrv in the return . kop

When the hotwater is on the heat is creeping down the common return and heating the radiators a easy fix would be to install a nrv in the return . kop

So am i right in thinking that its reverse circulating around the system through poor design? Where abouts on the return would i have to put a nrv? I've not had the chance to ask the customer if it did this before, but what if it didnt prevously do this?

IMG_3053.JPG

You will need to take a few floor boards up to find the return and yes i wouldnt say bad design but water will find the easiest route block that with a one way valve and you should be sorted cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement of a homeywell three port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the Actuator head, however I have found the actuator is stuck on H (Heating), I have turned down both heating and cylinder stat - still stuck on H. The...
Replies
Views
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from shower head and won't close off. I have tried various options and sorted other connections in the shower lines 5 on one line 3 on other. Only 1 new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a gravity fed heating system with a valiant boiler. It's a system with a hot water tank in the cupboard and a couple of tanks in the loft. Basically the problem I'm having is....... When the programmer turns on to boil up the hot water tank it seems to be turning on my heating even...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock