Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement for Baxi 105HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Baxi 105HE is seemingly on its way out. I'm not keen on another Baxi based on the relatively short life of current boiler.
Are there any boilers that can be fitted to the pipework of the 105HE without too much work .
Thank you

Worcester

What is wrong with the Baxi.?
Was it a Worcester installer that said it is on itts way out? ;) :)

Atag , intergas is my choice but be prepared for alot of different opions we all have our favorites , i would suggest you find a accredited installer and take their advice go for one with a long manufacturers warranty and a installer who will look after you and your boiler in the years to come. Cheers kop

What does 'accreditation" mean ?
The main criteria for most is the volume of purchases. The manufacturer has no control over the quality of installation and will offer no assistance apart from warranty if things go wrong.
If the "accredited" installer fails to follow the requirements the manufacturer will still void the warranty.
It is, IMO, a disgrace. I would suggest that most people will assume that selecting an AI will provide someone with a greater tested skill level.

I am always prepared to be corrected :)

To become a accredited installer the person installing the boiler would have been trained at the manufactures training centre on installation and fault finding on the particular boiler he is installing and show competence in doing so , I will agree that it still does not mean the customer will get a better boiler install than using a regular GSI but they can usually offer a longer warranty , and priority repairs if needed. cheers kop

a one day course dont make a installer any better imo, if they were pants before they will still be pants.

best to stick to a boiler recommended by your installer. ask the installer questions about flushing, gas pipesizing, buildcert chemicals etc.... and if you get vague answers then get somebody else.

Sime, Ideal, Heatline, Vokera they all heat water. It is more down to the installation than the boiler

Almost all boilers the pipe layout is the same, for your information I fitted a Baxi Platinum 11 years ago and its still going strong only had a couple of service parts in that time and new ones still come with a 10 year warranty, or Ariston who offer 12 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement for Baxi 105HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51 degrees for tap water this happened after a visit from (obviously) unqualified tecnichichan to fix a minor leak on the boiler, which initaly didn't efect...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had water company out and they did do a check and they found the flow rate reduced but they mentioned about the inside stopcock/tap should be changed just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock